The entrance examination, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation courses (NEET-PG) is compulsory for all medicos, who are intending to pursue post-graduation in Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD) as well as PG Diploma courses in the country.
The National Board of Examinations (NBE), the conducting body for NEET PG 2019 has stipulated the NEET PG eligibility criteria.
As stated by NBE, “NEET PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section 10 (D) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses.”
NEET PG ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2019
(A) Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2019, may apply for NEET PG 2019 through online application system at website www.nbe.edu.in
(B) NEET PG ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ALL INDIA 50% QUOTA SEATS
Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical College in Jammu & Kashmir. The affidavit is to be sent to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgement of online application form for NEET PG 2019 latest by 30th November 2018. (Copy of the affidavit is annexed at Annexure-III).
Deputy Director (Examinations), National Board of Examinations,Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
Candidates who have done their MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counselling.
(C) NEET PG ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADUATES
Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) which is conducted by National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with MCI/SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 31st March 2019.
Note: Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE Examination Centre. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/Use of Mobile Phone/Electronic Devices 17Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
(D) NEET PG ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS IN NEET PG 2019.
1.It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with MCI at the time of writing NEET PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET PG without MCI registration. The Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country from where he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”
2. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET PG 2019 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counselling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET PG 2019, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
3. Requests for appearing in NEET PG 2019 from candidates completing internship after 31st March 2019 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
The cutoff date for completion of internship towards the determination of eligibility for appearing in NEET PG 2019 shall be 31st March 2019.
4. Appearing in NEET PG does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at medical institute /college for MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses.
5. The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship in the application form (i.e. internship starting and completion date) shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted Medical College/Institute.
6. The cutoff dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges, from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2019 will be as prescribed by MCI. The Colleges recognized after the cut- off date prescribed by MCI will not be considered.
Note: Possession/Use of Mobile Phones/Electronic Devices is strictly prohibited in the premises of NBE Examination Centre. Candidates shall be liable for penal action for Possession/Use of Mobile Phone/Electronic Devices18
7. Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counselling/admission.
8. Some of the Universities/Institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota/State quota seats may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard. NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are refused for admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and cost.
9. A candidate can submit his/her online application form and appear for NEET PG 2019 only once for admission to the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates submitting multiple application forms will not be allowed to appear in NEET PG.
10. The definition of NRI for admission to deemed university shall be as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 22/08/2017 in WP 689/2017.
NEET PG 2019 Exam fee Rs. 2750/- (For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates) Rs. 3750/- (For General/OBC candidates)
How to pay: The prescribed exam fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet Banking. For more information, please visit the website (www.nbe.edu.in).
Candidates remaining absent from the examination or declared ineligible will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
FEES SHALL NEITHER BE REFUNDED NOR CARRIED FORWARD IF THE APPLICATION FOR NEET PG 2019 IS REJECTED/CANDIDATURE IS FOUND TO BE INELIGIBLE OR CANDIDATE IS UNABLE TO APPEAR IN THE EXAMINATION.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The exam shall be conducted on a single day in a single session.
Allocation of time for the NEET PG 2019 shall be as follows:
|Allow Candidates to enter the examination centre and commence Biometric Registration||1:30 PM|
|Entry closes at Examination Center||03:00 PM|
|Grant access for Candidate Login||03:15 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||03:20 PM|
|Exam Start Time||03:30 PM|
|Exam End Time||07:00 PM|
Syllabus: The syllabus for NEET PG shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for the complete document.
NEET PG shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered on a computer-based platform (CBT).
The examination comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only. Time allotted is 3hr 30 min. The question paper shall be divided into 3 parts (Part A, B and C) each containing 50, 100, 150 MCQs respectively. The distribution of MCQs in these parts shall be as per para 7.
Negative marking: There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers.No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
Allocation of Marks for each MCQ:
|1||Correct Response||4 marks|
|2||Incorrect Response||1 mark shall be deducted|
7. During the examination, candidates are given an option to mark any question, whether attempted or not, for review which means that candidate has been given an option to go through these questions again before the examination time ends. Candidates may note that such questions which are marked for review shall be evaluated as per the marking scheme indicated above.
Read Also: NEET PG 2019: NBE releases warning notice
For all details about NEET PG 2019, check out the page of National Board of Examinations at Medical Dialogues.