West Bengal: West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) has released a list of instructions for PhD Applicants.
Via the notification, Applicants are directed to follow the instructions while applying for PhD programme. The university has also uploaded the reschedule timeline of the application process.
The notification uploaded on the official website of WBUHS entailing the instructions to the PhD applicants clearly states,
Instruction for applicants
*Candidates can apply only in the subjects offered by the University and go in for specialization at a later stage while choosing the topic of research for registration for PhD.
*While applying for the PhD program, the candidates should carefully choose the Faculty most suitable according to their eligibility/qualifying PG Degree/area of interest for research. Candidates can download & print filled up Application form for their own record.
*Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2019, which will comprise of a written exam and interview.
*Entrance test shall be conducted at the Centre(s) on the dates as notified and changes of centres/dates, if any, shall also be intimated in the website only.
*Candidates with National level & other fellowships i.e. CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF, DST Inspire Fellowship etc. are exempted from taking the above test. (The validity period of any of such fellowships are counted for granting Exemption/ Waiver from PhD Entrance Test).
Candidates who have sought exemption must upload the scanned copy of valid Certificate / Award letter / Scorecard of National level Eligibility Tests / Competitive Written Tests as applicable from 6th March to 8th March 2019 by 6 pm.
*Based on the test results & approval of exemption, candidates will be shortlisted to appear for the Interview as per schedule. No separate communication will be sent to candidates for Interview.
*Candidates may exercise caution while filling the form online and must produce all the required documents
along with the hard copy of the application form for Interview.
Qualifying in the Research Aptitude Test alone does not automatically imply that the candidates have been granted registration or have attained a right for such registration leading to PhD Degree of the University.
Document verification before Interview (as notified on March 21 & 22, 2019 from 12 pm to 2 pm) is hereby cancelled.
Candidates must follow the re-scheduled timeline mentioned below:
|Uploading documents in the website (log-in to the my-account segment and upload Eligibility qualifying certificate, FILLED UP PROFORMA FOR SUBMISSION OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL)||20.03.2019 to 23.03.2019|
|Document Verification||25.03.2019 (from 11 am to 4 pm)|
|Interview/Viva-Voce: WBUHS Campus||*Tentative dates : 27.03.2019 & 28.03.2019 (each day 11 am onwards)|
|Publication of Provisionally selected
candidate list for admission
|*To be announced tentatively on 29.03.2019.|
1. Copies of Master’s Degree Certificate and Marks Sheet attested by a Gazetted Officer should be submitted along with the downloaded application form. A comprehensive mark list showing the exact percentage of marks secured or an equivalent Grade certificate should be furnished. In the case of grades awarded, certificate showing percentage equivalency should be furnished.
Candidate is required to produce the original Mark sheets / Certificates, including the statement of the marks in qualifying examinations with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of reporting for admission, failing which he/she shall not be allowed to complete the admission, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained. Mark sheet / Grade sheets/certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of admission.
2. UGC/CSIR-JRF/DBT-JRF/DST-JRF(INSPIRE)/ candidates pursuing research are directed to submit a request duly endorsed by the Head of the Department / Institute specifying the details of Fellowship offer to the Dean, WBUHS before 25.03.2019.
3. Copy of relevant certificate in the case of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently abled candidates attested by a Gazetted Officer should be sent along with the downloaded application. Recent community certificate (obtained within one year) should be furnished.
4. The verification of the other eligibility conditions, specific recognition of the qualifying degree and compliance of other formalities will be taken up only when the candidates are shortlisted for interview.
5. Final consideration of the candidature is subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria & all relevant documents proving qualification to be verified at the time of Interview.
6. Interview / Viva-Voce shall be conducted by the university in such a way that the candidates would be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation. Postgraduate level knowledge of the subject and aptitude for research are expected of the candidate.
*Only candidates who qualified in Research Aptitude Test and candidates of the Exempted category will be called for Interview / Viva-Voce.
Candidates are required to upload (PROFORMA FOR SUBMISSION OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL) as instructed on dates specified.
*(Download ‘Proforma for submission of research proposal’ from the website)
7. Part-time applicants must produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the concerned employer at the time of document verification, or else his / her candidature will be cancelled.
8. Candidates are advised to keep the necessary original documents ready at the time of Document Verification.
Candidates shortlisted to appear in the Interview are required to bring the hard copy of their Application form duly
filled along with original caste, degree certificates as applicable in the O/o The Dean, WBUHS for Verification on 25.03.2019 (from 11 am to 4 pm).
9. The registration for PhD shall be granted on the basis of merit and subject to the availability of the supervising teachers and as per the norms and regulations framed by the University in accordance with the extant UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for the Award of MPhil / PhD Degrees) Regulations.
Candidates shall carry out their research under approved research supervisor in the affiliated PG institutes or in a research centre duly approved by the University.
10. The University reserves the right to reject any application for proper reasons adduced therewith. If any error/omission in the processing/verification of certificates/documents of a candidate is detected after the candidate is admitted to a course, the university has the right to cancel such admission at any stage at which error/omission is deducted.
11. The lists of Candidates provisionally selected for admission will be displayed on the WBUHS Website. All admission shall be provisional. No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission.
No correspondence shall be made to the candidate not selected for admission. Similarly, the Application fee shall not be refunded.
12. The candidate selected for admission shall have to submit the Original Migration Certificate from the Head of the Institution / University last attended at the time of admission. Candidate, who is not in a position to submit the Migration certificate at the time of admission, shall give the undertaking to submit the same within one month of admission, failing which the WBUHS reserves the right to cancel his / her admission.
*MPhil Degree holders seeking registration for PhD shall be required to qualify in Entrance Test.
No refund will be made if once submitted the application form and later deleting or not appearing for test or duplication of application forms.
For candidates pursuing a PhD Program, there is no scholarship/grant or any other pecuniary support from the
*All notices/shortlists will be put on University website. No written communication will be sent to candidates.
Candidate are advised to visit www.wbuhs.ac.in regularly & check for any subsequent Addendum / Corrigendum /Updates/Information which will be uploaded/updated on the website only.
If any error/omission in the processing/verification of certificates/documents of a candidate is detected after the candidate is admitted to a course under the university, the university has the right to cancel such admission at any stage at which error/omission is detected.
for more details click on the link given below: