WBUHS to open application window for PhD programme 2020; View Tentative Schedule, Eligibility criteria here
Kolkata: The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) is going to open the application window for PhD programme 2020. The Tentative Schedule and eligibility criteria are attached below.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing this course can apply with the WBUHS. The Online applications are invited for admission to PhD program under WBUHS
Tentative start date of filling up Applications Online with fees payable:
2nd Week of February, 2020
Last date of submission of Applications Online with fees payable:
2nd week of March, 2020
Document verification before Entrance Exam
(Original documents required at the time of verification)
3rd week of March, 2020
(17th to 19th March)
Announcement of shortlisted Candidates to appear in
Research Aptitude Test (RAT) and Issue of Admit Card
(through candidate login).
Exempted candidate list also to be uploaded
3rd week of March, 2020
Research Aptitude Test (RAT) 2020
(Notification of syllabus, qualifying criteria along with date, time & venue of Exam)
2nd Week of April, 2020
Advertisement in two news papers & Notification in website
1st week of February, 2020
Seeking expression of interest from affiliated PG institutes for
recognition of eligible Supervisors for enrollment of PhD scholars
February to March, 2020
(Notification to be issued)
1) Please follow the University Official website regularly for any update in this regard. The WBUHS reserves the right to make changes in the notified Entrance Test Schedule.
2) It is mandatory for all aspiring candidates to register & confirm the online Application form through candidate login by himself / herself on website.
3) It should be noted that all documents are required to be submitted online at the time of application for PhD program through the portal. Jowever candidates are advised to keep the necessary original documents ready at the time of Document Verification.
4) Eligibility rules are specified in notification shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstances. Candidate should satisfy himslef / herself that he / she fulfill the eligiblity requirements prescribed for the admission. In case, any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned course of the study appears in the Admission Test, he / she shall be doing so at his/ her own risk cost, and if at any stages, it found that the candidate do not fulfill the eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled.
5) Application forms may be rejected if in the case of the following:
a) A candidate whose qualifying examination is not recognized by respective regulatory bodies shall not be eligible for admission. All such Application Forms / admission shall be rejected / cancelled.
b) Incomplete Application
c) Received without requisite fee
d) Received after the Last date
e) Invalid documents.
6) No separate intimation letters will be sent to the candidates shortlisted for Interview.
7) Candidate is required to produce the original Mark sheets / Certificates, including the statement of the marks in qualifying examinations with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of document verification, failing which he / she shall not be allowed to complete the admission procedure, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained.
8) The lists of Candidates provisionally selected for admission will be displayed on the WBUHS Website. All admission shall be provisional. No candidate shall be admitted unless he / she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission.
No correspondence shall be made to candidate not selected for admission. Similarly, the Application fee shall not be refunded.
9) The candidate selected for admission shall have to submit the Original Migration Certificate from the Head of the Institution / University last attended at the time of admission. Candidate, who is not in a position to submit the Migration certificate at the time of admission, shall give an undertaking to submit the same within one month of admission, failing which the WBUHS reserves the right to cancel his / her admission.
10) If any error / omission in the processing / verification of certificates / documents of a candidate is detected after the candidate is admitted to a course under the university, the university has the right to cancel such admission at any stage at which error/omission is detected.
11) Answer sheets and other relevant material pertaining to the Admission Test of all candidates and Application Forms of all the non – admitted candidates will be weeded out after 04 months of the Closing Date of Admissions. Therefore, in case of any dispute regarding admission, the matter must be filed within 04 months of the closing date of admission after which the relevant records may not be made available.
12) Refund of Fees: No refund will be made in case of duplication of application forms.
No refund will be made if once submitted the application form and later deleting or not appearing for any courses.
The medium of Test shall be English only. The syllabus and pattern of Examination are given on the WBUHS website.