WBUHS issues notice regarding admission test to MSc courses
Kolkata: The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS) has informed about the admission test towards the M. Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology in Biochemistry and Microbiology course.
All the intending candidates willing to pursue M. Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology in Biochemistry and Microbiology course can view the details as uploaded by the WBUHS mentioned below
The admission test towards the course will be conducted on the following principles:
1. Name of the Course: M Sc Medical Laboratory Technology in Biochemistry and Microbiology
2. The eligibility criteria for appearing in admission test are:
a) B. Sc. MLT / BMLT from any recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects in the different years.
b) B. Sc. in any Biological Science with DMLT from State Medical Faculty or its equivalent
c) B. Sc. (Honours) in Microbiology for M. Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology in Microbiology
d) B. Sc. (Honours) in Biochemistry for M. Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology in Biochemistry
3. The course is a self-financing course and being conducted at
a) Sevayatan School of Medical Technology, Singur, Hooghly and
b) Haldia Institute of Health Sciences, Haldia, Purba Medinipur.
4. The admission test will be conducted through a written test. The test will be on 100 MCQs to be answered in 80 minutes. The MCQ will be set in the English language, of the standard of the qualifying examinations and comprise of 50 questions each from Microbiology and Biochemistry. Each MCQ will have four options; one of which will be the best response. Each correct answer will be awarded one (1) mark. There will be no deduction for wrong answers or for questions not attempted, but multiple choices for any question will be regarded as the wrong answer.
4. Allotment of seats will be done at a counseling session based on a merit list prepared out of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. There will be no personal communication with the individual candidates about the counseling. The merit list and the notice for the counseling will be available on the website in due course.
The willing candidates will have to fill in the proforma annexed at the end of this notice and submit it to the office of Controller of Examinations. An examination fee of Rupees Three thousand (Rs. 3000/-) will have to be paid through a demand draft drawn in favor of "The West Bengal University of Health Sciences" payable at Kolkata at the time of submission of the application form. The last date of submission of the form at the University is 7th February 2020. However, applications sent by post will be accepted till 11th February 2020 provided the date of purchase of the demand draft is before7th February 2020. All candidates are instructed to have a photocopy of the application form with them which will be used as the proof of submission of the application form.
Please go through the following schedule for admission process:
Last date of Submission of Application Form - 7th February 2020
Last date of receipt of the Application form by post - 11th January 2020
Last Date of purchase of demand draft - 7th February 2020
Tentative date of sending the admit card - 19th February 2020
Date of Examination - Saturday, 22nd February 2020
Date of Counseling - To be notified later on
APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION TO M. Sc. M. L. T. COURSE is attached below