RGUHS invites applications for PhD entrance test 2020-21, Details
Bengaluru: The premier Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) has invited applications for Entrance Test for admission to PhD courses to Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing and AYUSH faculties for seats in affiliated colleges for the academic year 2020 - 2021.
PhD Entrance Exam -2020 is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility for admission of students to Medical /Dental/Pharmacy/AYUSH and faculties for the academic year 2020-2021.
All the interested candidates are requested to view the details of the brochure for the PhD entrance test mentioned below as uploaded by the varsity on its official website.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Date of Notification
Hosting of the Brochure and Application form on the website
Last date for online Payment
Before 05.00 P.M
Last date for receipt of print-out of applications filled online by Post or In person before 5-00 P.M at
Date of availability of Hall-Ticket for the Eligible candidates
Date of Entrance Exam
First week of April 2020
Submission of preliminary Synopsis by qualified candidates
Commencement of Session
Ph.D Entrance Exam -2020 is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility for admission of students to Medical /Dental/Pharmacy/AYUSH and faculties for the academic year 2020-2021.
2. Eligibility:- A candidate who fulfills the following criteria shall be eligible to appear for the Entrance Exam, namely :-
(i) He/ She is a citizen of India;
(ii) He/ She has studied and passed in the courses leading to the award of PG degree in respective branches recognized by respective councils/Government of India and affiliated to any University established by Law.
(iii) The candidate who completed his/her post graduate degrees in respective branch are eligible for that branch/subject only.
(iv) A Post graduate qualification in the concerned Specialization and faculty.
Medical: Candidates with M.D. or M.S or Medical P.G. Diploma, M.Sc. in medical subjects under Medical Faculty (3years course from a Medical College) are eligible for enrollment for Ph.D course.
Dental: Candidates with MDS or Dental PG Diploma are Eligible for enrollment of Ph.D Course in Dentistry in concerned subjects only.
Physiotherapy: Candidates with a PG degree in Physiotherapy i.e., MPT degree awarded by this University or a Master's degree considered as equivalent by RGUHS are eligible for enrollment to Ph.D course in Physiotherapy in concerned subjects only.
Health Sciences Library and Information System (HSLIS): Candidates with Masters Degree in Library and Information Sciences or a Degree considered as equivalent by RGUHS are eligible for enrollment to Ph.D course in Health Sciences Library and Information System (HSLIS). Preference will be given to the candidates who have completed the PGDHL course from RGUHS.
Pharmacy: Candidates with M.Pharm, Pharm-D and Pharm – D (PB) degree awarded by this University or a College/University recognized by AICTE/PCI/RGUHS or a P.G. Degree in Pharmacy considered as equivalent by RGUHS, are eligible for enrollment for Ph.D course in Pharmacy.
• Candidates with Pharm-D degree are eligible to register for Ph.D in Pharmacy Practice only.
• Candidates with M-Pharm in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Technology and Industrial Pharmacy are eligible to register for Ph.D in any one of the 3 subjects.
• Candidates with M-Pharm in Quality Assurance and Pharmaceutical Analysis are eligible to register for Ph.D in any one of the 2 subjects.
Indian System of Medicine (AYUSH)
Candidates with Ayurveda Vachaspathi (M.D (Ayu) )/ Ayurveda Dhanvanthari (MS (Ayu) in Ayurveda in all the specialties awarded by RGUHS or an equivalent P.G. qualification awarded by any other College/University recognized by CCIM/RGUHS are eligible for enrollment for Ph.D course in concerned subjects of Ayurveda only.
b) Naturopathy & yogic sciences:
Candidates with a P.G. degree in Naturopathy & Yogic sciences awarded by RGUHS or an equivalent qualification in the concerned specialty from an institution recognized by RGUHS/CCRYN are eligible for enrollment for Ph.D course in Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences.
Candidates with a post graduate degree in Unani, awarded by RGUHS or an equivalent qualification awarded by a College/University recognized by CCIM/RGUHS in the concerned specialty are eligible for enrollment for Ph.D course in concerned subjects of Unani.
Candidates with M.D. in Homoeopathy degree awarded by this University or an equivalent P.G. qualification awarded by a College/ University recognized by CCH/RGUHS are eligible for enrollment for Ph.D course in concerned subjects of Homoeopathy.
Nursing: Candidates with M.Sc in Nursing degree awarded by this University or a College/University recognized by INC or a P.G. Degree in Nursing considered as equivalent by RGUHS/INC are eligible for enrollment for Ph.D course in concerned subjects of Nursing.
Allied Health Sciences:
(i) Radiation Physics : The Following are eligible for enrolment for Ph.D in Radiation Physics
(a) Candidates with M.Sc in Radiation Physics awarded by RGUHS (OR)
(b) M.Sc in Medical Physics (2 years course with one year internship) awarded by other University considered as equivalent by RGUHS (OR)
(c) M.Sc Physics + One year Diploma in Radiological Physics
(ii) Clinical Psychology : The Following are eligible for enrolment for Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
(a) Candidates with M.Sc in clinical Psychology awarded by RGUHS (OR)
(b) M.Sc in Clinical Psychology awarded by other University considered as equivalent by RGUHS (OR)
(C) M.Phil in Clinical Psychology with M.Sc in Clinical Psychology
3. DURATION OF THE Ph.D. PROGRAMME:
The period of training for Ph.D as per MCI, shall be two years for candidates who possess M.D/M.S/P.G. Diploma and three years for candidates possessing. M.Sc. in medical subjects under Medical Faculty (3years course from a Medical College)
The Ph. D. programme in all other subjects expect those under Medical shall be for a minimum duration of three years for full time course and five years for part time course. Maximum duration shall be 7 years including course work, from the date of his/her provisional registration for all other faculty
Extension beyond the above limits may be considered by the Ph. D. Registration committee of the respective faculty on case to case basis, only in exceptional cases, for maximum period of one year, based on the representation submitted by the student and the guide.
When the Candidate, Ph.D guide and the research centre are in the same institution, the Course Duration for Full time course is three years and for part time course it is five years for all faculties except Medical.
Where the guide and Research Centre are from one institute and the candidate is from another Research Institute affiliated to RGUHS, the Minimum Course Duration for Part time Ph.D. shall be for five years.
The registration of candidates for Ph.D will not be considered, if the candidate, guide and Research Centre are in three different places.
Part Time facility provided for pursuing Ph.D Programme can be availed ONLY by teaching faculty working in colleges affiliated to RGUHS and eligible candidates working in department of different Institutions/ Industry/ Hospitals recognized by RGUHS as Ph.D research centers.
4. PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION:
All the candidates intending to register for Ph. D. programme shall appear for the Entrance Exam conducted by the University.
An Entrance Test shall be qualifying test with qualifying marks as 50%. The test consists of two papers, conducted over two sessions of one and half hours each. The syllabus of the first paper consists of Basics of research methodology and will carry 50 marks. The Second theory paper which will be subject specific, preferably short notes with the competence of PG standard, will carry 50 marks.
The Entrance Exam shall be conducted at the Centre(s) notified by the University.
The candidates who successfully clear the Entrance Exam are invited to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted University Ph.D. Registration committee of the respective faculty.
The interview/viva voce will also consider following aspects, viz. whether:
(i) To evaluate the research aptitude of the applicants
(ii) The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
(iii) The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College.
(iv) The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
There will be only one stream of admission annually. The eligibility secured at the entrance Exam is valid for admission in that particular academic year and next academic year only.
The University and Colleges under the university which are allowed to conduct Ph.D. programmes, shall decide on an annual basis through their academic bodies, a predetermined and manageable number of Ph.D. scholars to be admitted (Maximum 6 per Department) depending on the number of available Research Guides (Maximum 4 per Guide) and other academic and physical facilities available. They shall follow the norms regarding the scholar- teacher ratio, laboratory, library and such other facilities.
Application sareliable for rejection:
A. If Incomplete.
B. If Photograph not uploaded.
C. If photographs are found mismatched in the application.
D. If photographs are not recent one and not attested by an Gazette Officer.
E. If the applicant has not signed in the application.
F. If supporting documents (Enclosures) not attested.
G. If eligibility is not fulfilled.
5. How to submit:
By Post or In-person:
Print out of application filled online, along with attested copies of all required certificates shall be sent by post or In-person for registration to "The Registrar, RGUHS, 4th 'T' Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560 041" by 15/02/2020, before 5.00 P.M. Candidates should super scribe on the cover as "Application for Ph.D Entrance Exam-2020". Please note that the candidate will not become eligible for attending the Entrance Exam, only by online registration. The candidate must ensure that print out of his/her application with all enclosures mentioned in the brochure reaches the RGUHS. The University does not hold responsibility for loss or delay in postal delivery.
Enclosures: ( Attested copies)
a) SSLC Marks card.
b) UG and PG Degree Certificates with Marks cards.
c) Registration Certificate from the State Council.
d) NOC from the Head of the Institution where the candidate is employed.
e) Fee paid details: Transaction-Id with date.
f) Any other relevant documents.
6. Entrance Exam Fee: - Rs.3000/-
Mode of Payment: -Through ONLINE PAYMENT.
Note: Registration fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
7. Conduct of Entrance Exam:-
10-00 A.M. to 01-00 P.M.
The entrance exam is conducted in two parts namely
1. Principles of basic Research methodology
2. Specialty paper
The Principles of basic Research methodology syllabus is as follows
(1) Research Methodology: An Introduction
(2) Defining the Research Problem, Hypothesis, Generation of Hypothesis
(3) Research Design
(4) Sampling Design
(5) Measurement and Scaling Techniques
(6) Methods of Data Collection
(7) Processing, statistics and Analysis of Data
(8) Sampling Fundamentals
(9) Interpretation and Report Writing
(10) Principle and methods of fundamental research method, literature, drug and research problem survey, clinical research
(11) Writing an article for a scientific journals
(14) Clinical Trials.
The specialty paper Syllabus content shall ordinarily be equal to the syllabus and books prescribed for Post-Graduate Course for that subject as per Regulations of Central Council and/ or the Rajiv Gandhi Universities of Health Sciences.
8. Duration, Nature of Question Paper and Answer Booklet:-
• There are separate papers for specialty subject and basic research methodology with 50 marks each.
• Each question paper comprises of 10 questions of 5 marks each .
• Duration of examination is three hours and separate answer booklets are issued for each paper.
9. Penalty for false and incorrect statements:-
Where an applicant has furnished any false and incorrect statement in the application or where the affidavit filed by him or the certificate furnished by him contains any false or incorrect statement, the application shall be liable for rejection and his selection for admission to the Ph.D course shall be cancelled after providing a reasonable opportunity to explain by the Ph.D Registration Committee.
10. Malpractice: Any candidate indulging in mal-practice in any sort shall be viewed seriously and punished and also is liable for criminal proceedings.
11. Instructions to Candidates:
• The candidates shall be present at the centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the Exam by 9.30 A.M
• No candidate is allowed after 10:00 AM.
• Only the candidates who possess the Hall Ticket shall be allowed to appear for the Entrance Exam. In case of loss of Hall Ticket, the candidates should contact the Chief Superintendent of the centre one hour earlier for assistance.
• No Candidate shall copy from the paper of any other candidate or permit his /her own papers to be copied or attempt to give or seek any illegal assistance.
• No candidate will be allowed to the examination hall after the commencement of the Entrance Exam.
• No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of the first thirty minutes. Candidates leaving the hall prior to the end of the Entrance Exam will have to hand over the question paper to room invigilator and collect the same at the end of the Exam.
• Candidate should sign the attendance sheet as per the instructions of the invigilator.
• Silence must be observed in the examination hall. Any candidate found guilty of disorderly or improper conduct will be liable for expulsion from the examination hall and will be debarred from the Entrance Exam by the Chief Superintendent of the centre.
• Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic gadgets like Pager, Cell Phone, Bluetooth etc., into the examination hall.