Coronavirus In Karnataka: RGUHS suspends all classes, lays down instructions for medical colleges, details
Karnataka: With the continuous spread of Covid-19 across the state, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka issued a circular suspending all classes till 31st March, 2020.
In a letter to all Principles/Deans/Directors of all institutions affiliated to RGUHS, Karnataka, Banglore laid down the instructions /guidelines are issued to the affiliated institutions of RGUHS for implementation at the institutional level.
The circular comes as a followup of the earlier decision of the RGUHS whereby it informed about the Holidays to colleges affiliated to RGUHS in view of precautionary measures to prevent spreading of coronavirus.
The instructions laid down are as follows
- UG classes shall be suspended till 31 st March 2020. However, interns and postgraduates have to continue their respective duties and responsibilities.
- Hostels shall continue to function for the students who decide to stay back and for other residents including interns as before.
- URLs of the website for environmental sanitisation and personal hygiene guidelines are mentioned below for reference and implementation.
- All exams including practical and theory which are scheduled in the month of March and April are postponed and further dates for the same will be issued.
- Continue the hospital Services as before and follow the guidelines given by the government of Karnataka.
- Hospital infection control committee(HICC) of respective hospitals must meet daily.
- HICC may be tasked with training all the doctors, nurses, supportive staff and housekeeping staff on the new epidemic and its protocols on prevention, control and treatment.
- Outreach fever clinics may be established in consultation with local health authorities.
- All the institutions must provide personal protective equipment for all health care providers.
- Duty Roster for all healthcare providers of the respective institutions must be prepared for one month and displayed.
- All institutions are directed to support and compliment health authority.
- As per the circular by DCGI (vide reference no: DCGI circular no: DE-14-Academic -2019/8855, dated: 17/03/2020, all affiliated dental institutions and hospitals are directed to provide emergency dental care services only by adopting principles of Universal precautions.
The URL for resources on guidelines for surveillance, monitoring, contact tracing, case management and various healthcare activities including clinical care for COVID-19 are provided as below: