TN Health invites applications for MSc Nursing 2019
Tamil Nadu: The Directorate of Medical Education and Selection Committee (TN Health Tamil Nadu) has invited online applications for admission to MSc Nursing course 2019-2020 session
Candidates who intend to pursue MSc Nursing course this year can now apply for the course at the official website of TN Health.
Check out the important dates, educational qualifications and the procedure to fill the application form for the MSc Nursing course mentioned below:
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE.
|1.||Date of Notification||06.10.2019|
|2.||Commencement of online application||07.10.2019|
|3.||Last Date for online application||15.10.2019 up to 5.00 P.M.|
|4.||Last Date for Receipt of Print out of|
|16.10..2019 up to 5.45 P.M.|
|5.||Address to which Print out of online|
application along with enclosure has to be sent
|The Secretary, Selection Committee,|
No.162, Periyar EVR High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai – 600 010.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: -
1. a) Candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc (Nursing) Course should be citizens of India and natives of Tamil Nadu.
b) Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed B.Sc (Nursing) in other States should furnish a certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority only and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card / Voter’s ID / Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not submitted, then the
application form will be rejected.
c) Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
2. Candidates should possess a B.Sc Nursing Degree awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University / Indian Nursing Council. Candidates who have qualified from other universities should obtain and produce an Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for selection.
3. Candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc (Nursing) course should have obtained not less than 55%(50% for SC/ST candidates) of the total marks obtained in all semesters taken together in the B.Sc., (Nursing) Degree Course. In case of failure (s), the pass marks in the subsequent attempt(s) shall be taken for calculation purposes. Number of attempts is not considered for calculation of marks.
4. a) A candidate who has already completed or acquired an M.Sc (Nursing) in any specialty or who is undergoing an M.Sc (Nursing) in any specialty is not eligible to apply for any other speciality in M.Sc (Nursing) course.
b) Candidates who have discontinued the course after the cut-off date fixed by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. University (31.10.2019) are not eligible to apply for two subsequent academic years from the date of discontinuance of the course.
5. B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates should have one year of experience after Basic B.Sc (Nursing) or one year of experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) in any teaching Hospital / Nursing College / School of Nursing / Community Health Centres from the date of Registration (from the date of receipt of the acknowledgment of registration of the Nurses and Midwives Council) in any of the
State Councils in the country. Fractional Values will not be accounted.
6. The following categories of B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates will be treated as Service candidates for selection under the seats reserved exclusively for service candidates.
i. B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving in Tamil Nadu Government under the control of the Directorate of Medical Education/ Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine/ Directorate of Medical and Rural Health Services and Directorate of Medical and Rural Health Services (ESI) on a regular basis and who have completed two years of service as on 31.08.2019.
ii. B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving in local bodies on regular basis and who have completed 2 years of service as on 31.08.2019.
7. The following categories of B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates will be considered for selection as non – service candidates only.
a) B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving in Govt. of India institutions in Tamil Nadu / Public Sector undertaking and organization under control of Government of India in Tamil Nadu.
b) B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates who are serving purely on temporary basis in Tamil Nadu Medical Service / Local bodies.
c) B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates serving in Private sector.
PROCEDURE FOR FILLING THE APPLICATION & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:-
8. a) Candidates seeking admission to M.Sc (Nursing) course are required to send printout of his/her online filled application form along with necessary enclosures and demand draft for Rs.1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) from any Nationalised Bank and drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai.
b) SC / SCA / ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu are exempted from Application fee.
c) Attested recent identical passport size photographs should be affixed to the application form. (Annexure VI)
Note: If the Photograph is not a recent one taken at the time of submitting the application, the application will be rejected.
9. a) The candidates shall fill in the Application form carefully.
b) Candidates shall ensure that completed application form with all particulars and enclosures reaches the Selection Committee within the date and time specified. Applications received by Speed Post/Courier / any other means after last date and time will be rejected.
10. A candidate shall submit only ONE application form.
11. a) Only Photo copies of self attested certificates should be enclosed.
b) Application with incomplete or insufficient particulars or without enclosures or demand draft for Rs.1200/- or those received after the last date mentioned will be summarily rejected (without any intimation to the candidate).
12. The Government Orders issued and to be issued from time to time pertaining to any of the matters contained in the prospectus should be read as part and parcel of this prospectus and such terms and conditions in the Government Order are deemed to have been incorporated in this prospectus.
13. Service candidates should send their online printout applications through the proper channel with the forwarding authority’s remarks and the service particulars carefully filled up by the forwarding authority as prescribed in the application form. Applications of the Service candidates who have completed two years of continuous, regular service as on 31.08.2019 alone will be considered. The Heads of Directorate have to issue a Certificate of completion of the required service. The application should reach in stipulated time. If the application is received after the last date, it will not be accepted irrespective of date of submission and date of forwarding by the Competent authority.
14. Candidates must enclose only photocopies of self-attested (not originals) following documents in the order indicated below along with the application, failing which the application is liable for rejection.
a. B.Sc (Nursing) Degree Certificate or provisional pass certificate from the University concerned to which the college is affiliated.
b. First year / Semester to final year / semester B.Sc (Nursing) Mark sheets issued by the University concerned.
c. Tamil Nadu State Nursing Council and Midwifery Council Permanent / Provisional Registration Certificates of Diploma / B.Sc (Nursing) Degree /Post-Basic Nursing (or) copy of the acknowledgement of registration of the Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council.
d. Valid Community Certificate issued by the competent authority.
e. Birth Certificate or copy of H.Sc Certificate / School Leaving Certificate / College Leaving Certificate / Extract from Service Register as evidence for Date of Birth.
f. Eligibility certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University for candidates who have qualified for the under graduate course from Universities other than the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
g. Attempt Certificate in Final Year B.Sc (Nursing) course from the College / University concerned.
h. Experience certificate for one year after Provisional registration from Hospital / Nursing College / School of Nursing / Community Health Centre.
i. Nativity certificate ( if applicable) with supportive Documents.
j. Copy of Posting order ( For service candidates ).
Candidates are instructed to produce the above mentioned original Certificates / Documents at the time of counselling for certificate verification.
15. It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to give the correct mailing address on the main application form. If there is any change of address it should be intimated immediately to the Selection Committee in writing.
16. Print out of Online filled applications without the signature of the candidates will be rejected.
DURATION OF COURSE AND TUITION FEES: -
(i) The Duration of the M.Sc., (Nursing) course shall be 2 years.
Colleges (Rs. per annum)
|Self-financing Colleges (Rs. per annum)|
|1.||M.Sc., (Nursing)||5,000||50,000 (For 2018–2019)|
Fee for 2019 – 2020 will be fixed by the fee Committee and will be informed.
Special fees and other fees are to be paid at the time of admission in respective colleges.
ii) Candidates selected in the seats offered by the Self Financing Institutions will have to remit a non-refundable sum of 5000/- by means of a Demand draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10”, at the time of counselling for allotment of seats. This will be adjusted towards the tuition fee that has to be paid to the colleges and the balance amount, towards tuition fee has to be paid in the respective colleges at the time of joining the course. The fee is not refundable if the
candidate does not join or discontinues the course.
iii) Students of SC/SCA/ST community, whose parents’/guardians’ annual income is less than Rs.2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand only) and for SC Converted Christianity students whose parents’/guardians annual income is less than Rs.2,00,000/-
(Rupees Two lakhs only) are exempted from payment of all compulsory, Non refundable fees (Enrolment/ Registration, Tuition, Games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fee compulsorily payable by the scholar to the Institution or University/ Board) and also exempted from all compulsory Non refundable fees fixed by the “Fee Committee”. The fees, so exempted shall be claimed by the respective Institutions under the Scholarship Programme of the Government of India in G.O.(Ms) No.6, AD and TW Department, dated: 09.01.2012 and as per G.O.(Ms) No.92, AD and TW Department, dated 11.09.2012.
For more details click on the given link: