CHENNAI: In a major administrative overhall, the Tamil Nadu government has announced the appointment of deans of 6 medical colleges across the state. Five Government Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu witnessed major promotional transfers and an institutional Head of a sixth was shuffled by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
As confirmed by Directorate of Medical Education, these include
- Dr. Muralidharan, Dean of Tiruchy Medical College, has been transferred and posted to Madras Medical College at the same position;
- Dr Vanitha Mani, Professor of Cardio-Thoracic surgery at Coimbatore Medical College has received a promotion and will be now posted as Dean of Thanjavur Medical college ;
- Dr Ravindran, Professor of Surgery at Coimbatore Medical College, has been promoted and posted as Dean of Kanyakumari Medical College;
- Dr Mary Lilly, Professor of Pathology at Government Stanley Medical College and Hospital, will now join Tiruchy Medical College as Dean;
- Dr Jeyanthi, Professor of Medicine at Government Stanley Medical College and Hospital has been elevated to the position of Dean of Thiruvannamalai Medical College;
- Dr Subbulakshmi, Professor of Paediatrics at the Institute of Child Health, Egmore has been sent to Sivanganga Medical College as Dean.
- Dr Isaac Christian Moses, Dean of Government Stanley Medical College and Hospital has been posted as Dean (additional charge) of the MMC, with Dr R Vimala, pushed up and appointed as Director of Medical Education.
- Dr S Geethalakshmi, will now be the Vice-Chancellor of Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University. She was earlier with the Madras Medical College.