Supreme Court declares Non Domicile students eligible for admission in Kerala Medical Colleges; CEE Kerala invites applications
Thiruvananthapuram: The Supreme Court has directed the Private Self Financing Medical Colleges in Kerala to grant admissions to Non-domicile MBBS aspirants as well in their institutes.
In this way, the SC has stayed the clause to deny admission to other state students in private medical colleges running across Kerala and ordered Commissioner for Entrance examinations, CEE Kerala to open the facility of online submission of applications for admission in private medical colleges irrespective of their domicile status up to May 20 to enable students outside Kerala to register with CEE.
In compliance with the Supreme Court order, CEE Kerala has invited applications from respective candidates.
The facility for online submission of fresh applications and addition of course(s) to the already submitted application will be available in the website of the Commissioner for Entrance examinations from 13.05.2019 to 20.05.2019, 5 pm.
The confirmation to this effect comes via a recent notification uploaded on the official website of CEE Kerala which clearly mentions:
As per the Supreme Court Order in WP(C) No.380/2019 dated 10.05.2019, all candidates who have already appeared for the NEET-UG-2019 and are Indian Citizens of Non-Keralite category-II (NK-II) can apply for admission to the MBBS course in Private Self Financing Medical Colleges in Kerala irrespective of their domicile. Such candidates must submit their online application to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and upload any one of the documents viz. SSLC certificate/Birth Certificate/Passport/Election ID to prove their nationality (See prospectus Clause 6.1).
(NK-II) category candidates who have already submitted application to the CEE under KEAM-2019 can add the medical & allied course (eligible only for MBBS course in Private Self Financing Medical Colleges) if the concerned wish to join in the Self Financing Medical Colleges in Kerala.
How to apply:
To submit fresh applications: (Only for candidates who have not submitted any applications to the CEE under KEAM 2019)
The candidates who have not submitted applications to the CEE for admission to Professional Degree Courses through KEAM-2019 can submit fresh online application for admission to Medical & Allied courses.
The notice further adds that as per the SC order, NK-II category, candidates are eligible for MBBS course in Private Self Financing Colleges only, under the medical & allied courses group.
- Candidates must register through the link ‘KEAM 2019-New Application’ provided in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in.
- On clicking the link, the candidate will be directed to a web page containing the online application.
- After completing the different steps for submission of the online application illustrated in clause 7.4 of the Prospectus for KEAM 2019, candidate should take a printout of the confirmation page of the online submitted application.
- Candidates ned not send the printout of the confirmation page or other documents to the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
To add new course(s) in the already submitted application: (Only for candidates who have already submitted application to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations under KEAM 2019 for any of the courses)
For this, the candidates should enter the home page through the link ‘KEAM 2019- Candidate Portal’ by giving Application Number and Password.
Then by clicking the menu item, ‘Add Course’, NK-II category candidates can select and add the medical & allied course.
Candidates can choose Pharmacy (only for those who have appeared in Paper I of Engineering Entrance Examination) or Medical & Allied courses (only for those who have appeared in NEET-UG 2019 conducted by NTA) as per their choice.
NOTE: As per WP(C) No.380/2019 dated 10.05.2019, Non Keralite Category-II are eligible for MBBS course in Private Self Financing Medical Colleges under medical & allied courses group. The allotment & admission will be based on the final judgment by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
Payment of Application Fee:
The required Application Fee for fresh applications can be paid by way of online payment or by way of e-chalan generated from the web page at the time of submission of online application. In case of payment through e-chalan, the payment should be made in any of the Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala. In the case of addition of course(s) to the existing application, the required additional fee is to be paid only through online.
- Candidates who have already submitted application to the Commissioner for Entrance examinations under KEAM 2019 for any of the courses such as Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy/Medical & Allied courses should not submit fresh applications for admission to Architecture/Medical & Allied courses. Such candidates can add the required course(s) in the already submitted application as per their eligibility through the link ‘KEAM 2019-Candidate Portal’.
- Candidates who have already submitted application to the Commissioner for Entrance examinations and not yet submitted the documents of Communal/ Special reservation and income certificate can also upload the documents.
All the candidates are requested to go through the Government approved Prospectus for admission to Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Medical & Allied courses, available in the website www.cee-kerala.org, before submission of fresh application/course addition.
To view the notification, click on the link given below: