RGUHS invites online applications for Short-term Research Grants from UG students
Karnataka: Through a recent notification, the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS Karnataka) has invited applications for Short-term Research Grants for undergraduate students studying in colleges affiliated to the varsity.
The candidates who are interested can apply with the university on its official website. The schedule, eligibility criteria, application as well as selection procedure is mentioned below.
|a.||Hosting of the Application on RGUHS Website||06th Jan 2020|
|b.||Downloading of Applications and sending the Applications by the students to the Head of the college/institution||06th Jan 2020 to 05th Feb 2020|
|c.||Uploading of selected applications by the College||Till 29th Feb 2020|
|d.||Sending the proposals for evaluation||First Week of March 2020|
|e.||Placing the selected list before Syndicate||First Week of May —2020|
|f.||Communicating to selected Candidates||Third Week of May—2020|
|g.||Release of Research Grants||Third Weel‹ of June —2020|
(1) Students who have passed 1st year of examination and studying in 2nd Year onwards before entering final year may apply for this research grant
(2) Pharm.D students who have passed 1st, 2nd and 3rd year and studying in 4th year may also apply for this research grant
(3) The student shall carryout the research under the guidance of any teaching faculty having teaching experience of five years after obtaining their post-graduate degree
(4) The project should be capable of being completed in three months
(5) The maximum amount of money that can be released for this grant is Rs.15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen 4 Thousand only) per project. (However, in exceptional cases research grants up to Rs.25,000/- will be considered).
(6) Research Grants wilt be released in the name of the Head of the Institution
Application tor short-term research grant
1. The Application for applying for the short-term research grant will be hosted on RGUHS Website (www.rguhs.ac.in/Advanced Research.html) as per the schedule mentioned above
2. The eligible students shall download the application and duly filled — in applications shall be submitted to the head of the institution.
3. Head of the institution shall constitute a committee and review and shortlist 05 proposals submitted by the students.
4. Head of the institution shall upload the short-listed five proposals to the University through online in the below-mentioned link (www.rguhs.ac.in/AdvancedResearch.htm!)
5. The signed applications should be scanned and uploaded in PDF format in the above link by the Head of the Institution.
6. The softcopy sent by email will not be considered. It has to be uploaded in the link mentioned above.
7. The Hardcopy of the applications should be sent to the following address:
Dr. G.S. Venkatesh, Director, Advanced Research Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Ground Floor, Near Library, 4th T Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore — 560 041
8. Candidate should give their clear email. ID and mobile no for further contact
(1) The Head of the Institution shall scrutinize and short-list research proposals at college level and approve a maximum of five research proposal per institute and only such proposals cleared by the Head of the Institution shall be submitted to the University.
(2) A Screening Committee which is constituted for screening of the applications shall review the proposals with the help of Internal Evaluators and to short-list the candidates who are eligible for Research Grants and to submit its recommendations to the Research Selection Committee based on the following criteria.
|Criteria for evaluation|
|Academic credentials (Marks obtained in previous examinations)||05|
|Novelty of the research proposal||05|
|Abi!ity of the proposal to be taken forward in future||05|
|Robustness of the Research Methodology||10|
Such of the students who after evaluation scores more than 17 marks out of 25 marks, will be considered for release of Research Grants.
All the above instructions should be strictly adhered to with regard to filling and submission of application both online and hardcopy, the failure of which will result in retection of application.
How to apply?
Step 1 - Click here to download the Proforma for Application for Short-term Research Grants for Undergraduate Students
Step 2 - The Students shall submit the Application to the Head of the Institution/College for review.
Step 3 - The Head of the Institution shall scrutinize and short-list research proposals at college level and approve a maximum of five research proposals
Step 4 - The Head of the Institution shall Upload the short-listed applications by clicking on this link
The filled-in application to be uploaded in the above link and hardcopy of the same to be sent to the following address.
Advance Research Wing,
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,
4th T Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560 041
1. A College shall upload maximum of five proposal only
2. The applications sent by email will not be considered.
3. It shall be uploaded in the link provided in the Step-2 above and hard copy of the same to be sent to the address given above.
4. And the hardcopies sent without uploading the softcopy also will not be considered.
5. Applications sent in old proforma will not be considered
for more details click on the link mentioned below: