Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences denied introduction of 3 MD Medicine seats
AP: Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh has been declined recognition for 3 seats in MD(General Medicine) for students at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa.
The Postgraduate Medical Education Committee on considering the Compliance Verification Assessment Report along with the Council Assessor’s Reportand compliance by the college authorities, decided to recommend not to recognize MD(General Medicine) qualification for 03 seats at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa for the following reasons:-
- Dr. K.B. Yadavendra Reddy, Professor & Head, was not available on the day of assessment.
- Dr. Sashi Bhushan Reddy, Asst.Prof. was not available on the day of assessment.
- Dr. S. Chandra Babu, the Professor, was not available on the day of assessment.
- Promotion of Dr. Vijay Narasimha Reddy, Assoc.Prof. is not as per regulations. He was promoted on 05.12.2014 after the cut off date without two required research publications.
- Investigative facilities like Nerve Conduction, EMG are not available.
- MRI is not available.
- Other deficiencies as pointed out in the Assessment Report.
Admissions against these seats i.e. 3 (Three) after the first batch appeared in Examination till their recognition will be irregular/ illegal and not in accordance with MCI regulations (notified with prior permission of Central Government vide notification dated 21/07/2009) and will not be recognized. As per provisions of the Postgraduate Medical Education Regulations, 2000, failure to seek timely recognition as required shall invariably result in stoppage of admission to the concerned Post Graduate Course.