Rajasthan: 4 govt, 2 private medical colleges given renewal permission by centre
The four medical colleges that have been given the encouraging pat by the Centre are:
- RNT Medical College, Udaipur,
- RUHS College of Medical Sciences, Jaipur,
- SMS medical College, Jaipur
- Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalawar.
The two private colleges which have been encouraged by medical authorities at the centre include:
- Jaipur National University Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Jagatpura, Jaipur.
- Pacific Institute of Medical Sciences, Udaipur
The Ministerial permission letter states that the permission of renewal is to stay valid for a year and allows admission of just one batch for the 2017-18 academic session.
The next batch to be admitted would call for renewal/recognition permission from the central government.
Following is the seat increase permission granted to the concerned colleges:
- SMS Medical College: Seat increase 150-250; renewal permission duration -1 Yr/2017-18
- Government's Jhalawar Medical College, Jhalwara:
Seat Increase-100-150, Renewal duration-1 year/2017-18
- RNT Medical College, Udaipur:
100-150, Renewal duration-1 year/2017-18
- RUHS College of Medical Sciences:
No of seats: 100, Renewal duration-1 year/2017-18
The colleges granted renewal permission are to contribute 15% of their seats to the All India quota. The ministry has cautioned the colleges that admissions that violated the above stated condition would be acted against by treating them as irregular and action will be initiated under the Indian Medical Council Act and regulations made under it.
The Jaipur National University Institute of Medical Sciences and Research has been issued a renewal permission letter for its 2nd batch for the academic year 2017-18.
Chancellor,JNU Hospital and Medical College, Dr Sandeep Bakshi said, "We have installed modern equipment in the hospital to ensure that every one can be given quick and effective medical care. We are committed to provide a conducive atmosphere to its students for conducting innovative experiments so that they may make a mark in the country and abroad."
150 MBBS students at Pacific Institute of Medical Sciences, Udaipur are the 3rd batch to have been granted a renewal permission, reports TOI.