Puducherry: Refusing all the allegations for the malpractices in the MBBS entrance examinations 2016, Jawaharlal institutes of Postgraduates Medical Sciences has made clear in a statement by saying that there was no fault in the entrance examination held for MBBS admission for the 2016-2017 academic year.
The institute has said in its statement, “Jipmer complied with all established guidelines of admission to the institute. It is informed that few candidates have filed cases in Madras high court in relation to their candidature for admission to Jipmer. All the matters are subjudice.”
Jipmer had held its entrance exam in two batches on June 5, 2016 .Earlier, the allegations had been put by All India NR Congress MLA Ashok Anand complaining about alleged irregularities in the conduct of the exam in two shifts. He implied that the morning batch exam was alleged to be tough, followed by the afternoon test which was easy to score. Jipmer has only recently declared the merit list.
The note said, that Jipmer complied with the interim orders of the court in some of the cases. The institute was optimistic that Madras high court will vindicate the institute’s stand in all the matters including conduct of entrance examinations in two batches, reports TOI
After facing the alleged allegations with misconduct in MBBS entrace examination, 2016-2017, approximately 283 MBBS seats have been filled through CENTAC. The
institute completed the first round of counselling for all categories from June 20 to 22 and published the results in its website. It will issue admission orders to the selected students on June 29.
The second round of counselling will hold on 29 July, 2016. and the counselling for orthopedically handicapped (OPH) candidates will hold in the month of July on 27th and 28th July, 2016.