PGIMER releases MD, MS 2020 entrance test Results
Chandigarh: PG Medical Candidates, who applied for MD and MS courses January 2020 Session at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) are requested to check out the result of MD, MS 2020 entrance test held on 30.11.2019.
What are the IMPORTANT DATES?
|1st counselling for MD/MS courses at PGIMER, Chandigarh||20.12.2019 at 11.00 AM|
|2nd counselling for MD/MS courses at PGIMER, Chandigarh||10.01.2020 at 11.00 AM|
|3rd counselling for MD/MS courses at PGIMER, Chandigarh||18.01.2020 at 11.00 AM|
|Spot Admission through Open counselling at PGIMER, Chandigarh||30.01.2020 at 11.00 AM|
MERIT LIST & MINIMUM CUT-OFF PERCENTILE
A combined merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the entrance test (irrespective of their category) and applying the above method for resolving ties shall be prepared. The candidates with minimum cut-off percentile in the entrance test as mentioned below against each category will qualify for admission:
Open (General)/ OCI and Sponsored/Deputed: 55th percentile
OBC, PwBD, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals: 50th percentile
Bhutanese Nationals: 45th percentile
Candidates from reserved categories are also eligible for general category seats (open seats).Thus, in addition to category wise list; a combined merit list of all the candidates will also be prepared.
MD, MS courses January 2020 Session RESERVATION OF SEATS
A. Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) & Other Backward Classes (OBC)
(i) This PGIMER provides Reservation for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non Creamy Layer (NCL), wherever applicable and admissible as per instructions from Government of India.
(ii) All candidates, irrespective of category may be considered against UR vacancies, subject to fulfillment of parameters for UR candidates. However, against the vacancies earmarked for specific categories (SC/ST/OBC), only candidates belonging to that community will be considered.
(iii) For availing reservation, SC/ST/OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities as per the format given at Annexure-IV (for SC/ST candidates) and at Annexure-V (for OBC-NCL candidates) at the time of counseling. Further, in case of OBC candidates, the certificates should specifically indicate that they do not belong to the Persons/Sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M.No.36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision through O.M.No.36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res) dated 09.03.2004, 27.05.2013, 13.09.2017 and further revision, if any, received till the closing date for OLINE Registration of applications for entrance test. The candidates should ensure that they belong to the OBC category while applying for the posts. Such candidates should produce a valid OBC certificate in the prescribed format during document verification. Further, in addition to the category certificate (OBC), a declaration in the prescribed format as per Annexure-VI has to be furnished by the candidates during document verification, that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer. The certificate produced shall not be older than one year at the time of document verification. In case of not complying with these stipulations, their claim for reserved status (OBC) will not be entertained.
B. PERSONS WITH BENCHMARK DISABILITY (PwBD)
1. As per provisions (Chapter VI Clause 32) of the Rights of the Persons with Disabilities Act. 2016 Five percent of seats shall be reserved for Persons (Indian Nationals) with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD). The reservation will be
provided on horizontal basis, as per their rank in order of merit in Entrance Test.
2. CRITERIA FOR PERSONS WITH BENCHMARK DISABILITY (PwBD): In accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, 5% seats of the sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with benchmark disabilities, based on the merit list of PGIMER Entrance Test, July/January session. For this purpose, the Specified Disability contained in the Schedule to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 is annexed in ANNEXURE-VIII The candidate must possess a valid certificate certifying his/her physical disability. The disability certificate should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions. All PWBD candidates shall be evaluated by a Medical Board of the PGIMER to determine his/her eligibility and suitability to the specialization.
3. Suitability of the candidates with disability for the particular specialization shall be decided by the Medical Board constituted by the PGIMER.
4. Degree of Benchmark Disability for Reservation and Competent Authority for Issue of Disability Certificate: Only such persons would be eligible for relaxation in conditions/ reservation in posts who suffer from not less than 40 percent of relevant benchmark disability. Those Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) who have availed the relaxation and/or reservation have to submit Certificate of Disability issued by the Competent Authority as per the form V, VI and VII of rule 18(1) under chapter 7 of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017 dated 15.06.2017. Refer Annexure-IX (A), AnnexureIX(B) and Annexure- IX(C) for the revised formats.
5. Assistance of Scribe: Visually Impaired (VI) candidates/candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy/muscular dystrophy/candidates with Locomotor disability (one arm)/Intellectual disability (Autism, specific
learning disability and mental illness) can avail the assistance of scribe for writing answers on their behalf. For engaging the scribe, candidates will have to intimate through email id email@example.com the time while filling
ONLINE application form. Engagement of scribe will be subject to the following conditions:
(i) Candidates will have to arrange for the scribe on their own.
(ii) The qualification of the scribe should be one step below the qualification of the candidate taking entrance test.
(iii) The scribe so arranged should not himself/herself be the candidate for the PGIMER entrance test for which the candidate is appearing. Also same scribe should not be engaged for more than one candidate. The scribe and the candidate shall give a declaration to this effect. Any violation, if detected at any stage, will render both candidate and scribe disqualified.
(iv) Candidates opting for scribe will have to provide additional details for scribes before closing date of submission of ONLINE application form as per Annexure– X (A, B & C) so that PGIMER can issue Call Letter for scribe and the same shall be signed by both candidate and scribe. Scribe should produce original and valid ID proof at the Examination Center and bring passport size photograph.
(v) Separate Call Letter will be issued to scribes accompanying the candidates.
(vi) The candidate shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of the scribe brought by him/her during the test.
(vii) Candidates availing the assistance of a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of not less than 20 minutes for every hour of entrance test.
(viii) Candidates who wish to avail services of scribe but are unable to furnish the details of scribe by the stipulated time, may avail the services of scribe by filling up necessary details in Format given at Annexure-X (A, B & C) at the examination center duly complying the conditions stipulated for scribe. The change of scribe may also be allowed in emergency duly recording reasons and filling the relevant details including pasting of photograph of the new scribe as per Annexure-X (A, B & C).
6. All one eyed candidates and candidates whose visual degree of disability is less than 40% shall not be considered as Visually Impaired persons and the provision for engaging scribe shall not be applicable to them.
7. Selected PwBD candidates will be subjected to medical examination by Medical Board constituted by the PGIMER at the time of counselling or on the date decided by the institute and only those conforming to the medical standards for the particular specialty, will be eligible for admission.
C. RURAL AREA (RA)
5% of the sanctioned seats which is further bifurcated into six sessions (three years) in MD/MS course are reserved for those candidates who have actually worked, are working, or have carried practice in rural area for a minimum of two years on or before 30th June/31st Dec for July & Jan session respectively.
Candidate applying under this category is required to furnish certificate (as per format given in Annexure XI) from the District Magistrate concerned in support of the claim. According to the orders of the Government of India, the term ‘rural area’ includes “primary health center, a village, or a town with less than 5000 population and
without a Municipal area”. The certificate to be furnished by the candidates should certify that he/she served or is actually serving or has carried on private practice in a village, primary health center, or town with less than 5000 population and without Municipal area.
Candidates are requested to please visit the original website of Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh is mention below: