Aspirants who want to Pursue their Career in PG Medical course in PGIMER Chandigarh institute are need to know about the admission dates for the academic year 2017-18.
About the Institute
The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (or PGIMER) is a medical and research institution located in Chandigarh. It has educational, medical research and training facilities for its students. The Institute was established in 1962 under the erstwhile state of Punjab. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament.
- For MS/MD – MBBS or its Equivalent, recognised by MCI
- For DM/M.Ch – MD/MS or its Equivalen, recognised by MCI
- For MDS/House Jobs – BDS from Punjab University or any other University recognised by DCI
For M.Sc MLT
- M.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiodiagnosis) – B.Sc. with diploma in Radiography from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute and having cleared with at least 55% marks in each exam with not more than one attempt and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject. OR B.Sc. Medical Technology degree (X-ray/Radiology/Radiotherapy) from a University/ Institute recognized by this Institute with at least 55% marks and not more than one attempt and three years experience as a technician in the subject concerned.
- M.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiotherapy) – B.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiology or Radiotherapy) from a University/Institute recognized by this Institute with atleast 55% marks and not more than one attempt and three years experience as a technician in the concerned subject.
- For remaining M.Sc. Medical Technology courses – B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical Technology degree from a University/Institute recognised by this Institute with at least 55% marks and three years experience as a technician in the subject in which admission is sought from a teaching research Institute/Hospital after obtaining qualification of B.Sc. or B.Sc. Medical technology.
For MHA – MBBS, or its equivalent qualification, from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with three years experience after passing MBBS examination OR Should have worked in State Medical Services, Armed Forces Medical Services, or other equivalent services for a period of five years in a hospital which is approved for purposes of undergoing the compulsory rotating internship, or in a command hospital, failing which the aforesaid period of five years would be increased to seven years OR Should have worked as Medical Superintendent, or Deputy Medical Superintendent, in a Civil or Military Hospital for one year.
For M.Sc. (Pharmacology) – MBBS passed or its equivalent qualification from a University/Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India or B.Sc (Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry taken together) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma passed from a recognized University.
M.Sc. (Respiratory Care) – B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology or B.Sc. in Nursing or B.Sc. Medical or Bachelor of Physiotherapy from any University within India or equivalent degree from any other recognized University/Institute with at least 55% marks.
Master of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (MASLP) – B.Sc. (Audiology & Speech Therapy) or Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology from any recognized University/Institute with at least 50% marks and one year internship after obtaining the qualification of B.Sc.
For Ph.D :
- MBBS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt Candidates who have obtained MBBS/MD/MS degree from Medical Colleges which are not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- Eligibility for Non Medical/Social Behavioural Sciences – The candidates with the following qualifications will be eligible :
- The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA or its equivalent/examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC/Panjab University are eligible.
- Life Sciences : A degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) or M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics).
- Social Behavioural Sciences : The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioural Sciences. Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development. MA/M.Sc/M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Health Nutrition/Applied Nutrition/Food & Nutrition, Health Economics/Applied Economics/Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH.
- Post graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification. Or
- Have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination conducted by ICMR/CSIR etc. (within two years only). Attested copy of the result must be attached. If the candidate fails to produce the proof of his/her eligibility as per above qualification before one week of the entrance examination, his/her candidature will not be considered an entire responsibility for the same will lie on the candidate.
|PGIMER (2017) MS/MD Entrance Exam||20 November 2016|
|PGIMER 2017 House Job M.Sc/ M.Sc MLT Entrance Exam||27 November 2016|
|PGIMER 2017 DM/ M.Ch MHA Entrance Exam||20 December 2016|
|PGIMER 2017 Ph.D Entrance Exam||04 December 2016|
PGIMER Chandigarh Prospectus 2017-18
- Click Here for PGIMER MD / MS Prospectus 2017
- Click here for PGIMER DM/M.Ch Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER House Jobs Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER MHA Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER M.Sc Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER M.Sc MLT Prospectus 2017
- Click Here for PGIMER Ph.D. Prospectus 2017
For more information visit the official website of PGIMER Chandigarh