PGI Chandigarh postpones MD,MS entrance exams due to Lok sabha elections
Chandigarh: With LOK Sabha elections taking place in May 2019, PGI Chandigarh recently announced the postponement of its MD/MS entrance exam, as the date of the exam clashes with the election date
The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, (PGIMER) will conduct the entrance exam on May 26, 2019, for the July session. The institute was earlier supposed to conduct the examination on May 12, 2019, but has postponed the date sighting the upcoming general elections. Candidates can check the revised schedule on the official website of PGIMER.
It is for the information of MD/MS applicants that due to Lok Sabha Elections on 12.05.2019, the MD/MS entrance examination for July 2019 session which was scheduled to be held on 12.05.2019 is hereby postponed to 26.05.2019 at 10.00 A.M. The examination schedule will now be as under:-
|Name of Exam||Date & Time of Entrance Exam||Date & Time of Declaration of result||1stCounseling||2"'Counseling||3rdCounseling|
|MD/MS||26.05.2019(Sunday) at10.00 A.M. in place of 12.05.2019||27.05.2019 (Monday) at|
|14.06.2019 (Friday) at 11.00A.M.||12.07.2019 (Friday) at 11.00A.M.||26.07.2019 (Friday) at 11.00A.M.|
Other terms and conditions will remain unchanged.
The various exams that are going to be held by PGI Chandigarh Include
- PGI MD/MS exam July 2019 session- The theory exam will be tentatively held on 12th May 2019, and the result will be declared the very next day. Counselling will be held in the months of June 2019 and July 2019
- PGI MDS July 2019 Session- The theory exam will be tentatively held on 9th June 2019, and the result will be declared the very next day. Counselling will be held in June 2019
- PGI DM/M.Ch COURSES / MD IN HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION 2019- The theory exam will be tentatively held on 16th June 2019 with results being declared the next day. The practical for MD in Hospital Administration will be tentatively held on 18th June, 2019
Aspirants need to meet the eligibility criteria so as to apply for the post-graduate entrance examination. The terms of the eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2019 are listed below.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates applying for the entrance exam are required to complete their MBBS degree from a Medical Council of India (MCI) recognized institution.
- Internship: Candidates are required to complete the rotatory one-year internship mandatorily by June 20, 2019.
- Other: Candidates must possess a registration certificate from the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC).