PGI Chandigarh MD, MS July 2019 session application process, check out details
Chandigarh: The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, has begun the online registration process for the July session entrance examination. Earlier Medical Dialogues reported about the tentative Exam Schedule for all Entrance exams 2019-20.
All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway available at MD/MS application portal w.e.f. 18.03.2019 to 18.04.2019. The last date for submission of online application form is 18.04.2019 till 11:59PM.
- Start of PGIMER MD/MS (July, 2019) Online application 18.03.2019
- PGIMER MD/MS (July, 2019) application form closes 18.04.2019
- Date of entrance examination for MD/MS courses 26.05.2019
- Date of 1st counselling for MD/MS courses 14.06.2019
- Date of 2nd counselling for MD/MS courses 12.07.2019
- Date of 3rd counselling for MD/MS courses 26.07.2019
Read Also: PGI Chandigarh releases tentative Exam Schedule for all Entrance exams 2019-20, Check out Details
Aspirants need to meet the eligibility criteria so as to apply for the post-graduate entrance examination. The terms of the eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2019 are listed below.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates applying for the entrance exam are required to complete their MBBS degree from a Medical Council of India (MCI) recognized institution.
- Internship: Candidates are required to complete the rotatory one-year internship mandatorily by June 20, 2019.
- Other: Candidates must possess a registration certificate from the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC).
Important Instructions for Aspirants
- The candidate should fill his/her online application form available on the PGI website i.e. http://www.pgimer.edu.in. He/She should fill all the fields/columns of the form.No fields/columns should be left blank. After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through payment gateway.
- The fees for GENERAL/OBC/RA/Spon/FN candidates is Rs.1000/- and for SC/ST Rs.800/- (indicating category i.e. General or SC/ST). There is no Application & Examination Fee for PwBD candidates. Fee once deposited is non-refundable. No representation/ request/ demand for refund of application fees will be entertained if the candidate fails to apply within the stipulated time after payment of application fee.
- Candidates must note that no other form of payment of application fees like Demand Draft, Banker Cheque, Money Order, Postal order, Challan form etc. will be accepted under any circumstances.
- MD/MS Candidates belonging to Foreign National Category MUST write Three choices of Subjects on the printed Application form.
- The candidate should ensure to take printout of application form after completing all details. Candidates belonging to Foreign National Category are required to submit their NOC from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi and candidates belonging to Sponsored Category are required to submit their NOC Sponsorship Certificate from their Competent Authority and Presently Employed candidates are required to submit their NOC from Employer (as per format given in Annexure-VII). The Applications of above mentioned categories i.e. oreign national and Sponsored category alongwith requisite certificates must reach the office of Registrar, Academic Section PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh160012, atleast 15 days before the commencement of the Entrance Examination.
- The candidates who qualify the written test are required to submit the print out of online application form, a photograph and copies of certificates duly attested in support of educational qualification(s), experience, age/date of birth certificate, caste certificate, Fresh OBC certificate, and NOC from the present employer, if employed at the time of counseling. Candidates should sign all the documents forming enclosure to the application, and also put the date.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered, and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter. All particulars in the application form must be entered carefully. All claims made in the application must be supported with documentary proof.
- Candidates who have already done, or are doing, MD/MS in any subject at the time of applying, shall not be considered for admission to MD/MS courses. If it is found, during active verification and at a later stage, that the candidate has given wrong information, his/her registration will be cancelled without any notice.
- Candidates who have obtained MBBS degree from a Medical College not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates in employment must forward their application through proper channel. Online Application will be treated as advance copy of the application. Application through proper channel should be sent to the Registrar, Academic Section of the Institute within 10 days after the last date fixed for the receipt of applications
- NO request for a change of category applied for shall be entertained after the submission of the application to the Institute.
- The number of the vacancies where indicated are provisional and may be decreased/ increased without prior notice.
- Roll Numbers/Admit Cards/Hall ticket for appearing in the entrance examination will be available for download to eligible candidates approximately 15 days in advance and can be downloaded from the website by logging into their accounts on the website with their respective login id and password. Roll Numbers / Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post. The candidates are allowed to enter in the examination hall on the production of the Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
- Candidates are requested to cooperate with the security personnel and other staff who have been instructed to carry out frisking at the entry of the examination hall/ premises.
- All the candidates appearing for the entrance test are instructed ‘NOT TO BRING’ water bottle, car key (Remote), chain, any mobile phones/pager/pen/wrist watch/ring/wallets/ladies purse/ornaments (Earrings, rings etc) or any other electronic device. The candidates with these articles will not be permitted to enter in the examination hall. The examination centres are not responsible for the safe custody of the belongings of the candidates and they have to make their own arrangement for their safe custody
- Entrance examination/counselling will be held as per schedule. These dates will not be changed, even if the day is declared as a holiday or half-holiday by the Chandigarh Administration. Attending the counselling is mandatory.
- The candidates invited for the selection may have to stay at Chandigarh for 2-3 days. No TA/DA is admissible to them for the purpose.
- The decision of the Director of the Institute in the matter of selection of candidates for the various courses shall be final.
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to influence the selection, directly or indirectly, will be treated as disqualification.
- Selected candidates shall have to pay the fee etc. on the same day, failing which his/her selection will be treated as cancelled and the seat will be offered to the candidates on the waiting list in order of merit.
- The candidates selected for the course shall have to furnish the migration certificate from the University/Institute from which they passed their last examination at the time of their joining, alongwith all other certificates in original in support of their qualification etc.
- -No individual intimation is sent to unselected candidates, and no correspondence on the subject is entertained.
- The period of training is strictly full time and ordinarily continuous at the Institute.
- Private practice in any form during the course is prohibited.
- Every Junior Resident, except deputed candidates, will be provided partially furnished, accommodation (single room in the hostel) subject to availability.
- These rules are subject to change in accordance with the decision of the Institute taken from time to time.
- In case of any dispute, the same shall be settled within the jurisdiction of Chandigarh.
Students are also requested to click on the link given below for MD/MS ONLINE APPLICATION FORM - JULY 2019 SESSION.
for more updates candidates are requested to visit the official website of PGIMER Chandigarh given below: