Chandigarh: The 35th convocation of the premier Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh (PGIMER) is going to be held on Monday, the 4th February 2019 in Bhargava Auditorium at the medical institute’s premises.
In a recent notification uploaded on the official website of PGI Chandigarh, it has been mentioned that a full-dress rehearsal for the purpose will be held on Sunday, the 3rd February 2019 at 10.00 A.M. sharp in the Bhargava Auditorium.
Please note that attendance at the rehearsal is compulsory. Those who do not attend the rehearsal will not be admitted to the Convocation.
“Kindly confirm your participation in the Convocation by 28th January 2019 through e.-mail, Fax etc. (address of e-mail and fax number are given above) so that we are able to make necessary arrangements accordingly. You may also give us your latest e-mail address/Telephone number/Mobile Phone No. while confirming your participation in the Convocation, please. Any change in the programme will be updated in the official website of the Institute,” the notice goes on to add.
Please note that only one accompanying guest per candidate is allowed. Due to space constraint, the guest will be allowed entry in separate area where proceedings of convocation will be televised. While confirming your participation, also let us know the details of your accompanying person.
- The candidates as per list enclosed (Annexure-I & II ) will be admitted to \/arious Degrees/Medals at XXXV Convocation of the PGIMER, Chandigarh scheduled to be held on Monday the 4th February 2019 in Bhargava Auditorium of the Institute.
- A compulsory full dress rehearsal for the function will be held on Sunday the 3rd February 2019 at 10.00 A.M. sharp in Bhargava Auditorium of the PGIMER, All the Candidates desirous of receiving the Degrees in person, are required to be present at the rehearsal and Convocation on the date, time and place mentioned above. Those who do not attend the rehearsal will not be admitted to the Convocation.
- The Candidates are requested to confirm their attendance before 28th January 2019, so that necessary arrangements are made accordingly. While confirming your participation, also let us know the details of your accompanying person.
- The recipients of degrees will attend the function in academic gowns. The gowns will be available at the counter in Zakir Hall on 3rd February 2019.
- Please note that the entry of only one accompanying guest per candidate is allowed. Due to space constraint, the guest will be allowed entry in separate area where proceedings of convocation will be televised.
- No mobile phone/personal camera handbag or any electronic gadgets are allowed in the auditorium.
The candidates receiving degrees at the Convocation shall wear the academic costumes as specified below:-
Name of the Examination Colour of the Gown Colour of Hood
Ph.D./DM/M.Ch Black with Golden Facing White with Brown Lining with light mauve
MD/MS/MDS/MHA/MPH -do- White Golden lining with black mauve
B.Sc Black Black
The Academic gowns and hoods will be available on hire basis on the day of Rehearsal on usual charges provided confirmation for attending the Convocation is received in this office by 28″ January 2019.
Candidates will attend the rehearsal on 3rd February 2019 at 10.00 A.M. sharp.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ATTENDANCE AT REHEARSAL IS COMPULSORY AND ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES WHO ATTEND THE REHEARSAL WILL BE ALLOWED TO GET THE DEGREE AT THE CONVOCATION.
A candidate who does not intend to appear at the Convocation, in person, can obtain his/her degree, in absentia, by paying a fee of Rs. 300/- by sending Demand Draft in favour of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
FOR CANDIDATES ATTENDING THE CONVOCATION.
- Be punctual for rehearsal as well as for convocation.
- Enter the Auditorium on Convocation Day with your Gown and Hood from Gate No-1
- Occupy your seat 60 minutes before the arrival of the Chief Guest.
- Do not leave your seat during rehearsal and Convocation proceedings.
- Occupy your correct seat. Note the row number and seat number allotted to you on rehearsal day and remember your neighbours on the left and right.
- Please ensure that you have signed the Roll Call sheet on the rehearsal day otherwise your name will not be included amongst the candidates receiving the degrees at the convocation.
- Please do not bring personal Camera/mobiles/handbag etc. in the auditorium.
- After you have received the degree, you will kindly bow to the Chief Guest and Director before returning to your seat.
- In case there is any discrepancy in your degree awarded to you, please see the undersigned immediately after the convocation is over. No objection shall be entertained later.
- All the guests, as well as candidates for the award of degree and medals, will please stand in decorum.
- when the National Song or National Anthem is being sung/played.
- when the academic procession enters or leaves the Convocation Hall.
- All to stand up when the academic procession enters the Auditorium and remain standing till the persons forming the procession take their seats. The same procedure will be followed when the procession leaves the Auditorium.
- Only one Guest per recipient of degree is allowed. The guest will be allowed to watch the convocation through the televised screen in separate hall/lecture While confirming your participation, also let us know the details of your accompanying person.
Students are also requested to view the PDF document attached below for the list of candidates who will receive degrees at the xxxv convocation of the institute to be held on 4th February 2019.
For more details, please visit the official website of PGIMER given below:
PGI Chandigarh having national importance is one of the most prominent medical institutions in the country at present. The institute was conceived in the year 1960 with the aim to provide high-quality patient care, attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education and to meet the country’s need for highly qualified medical teachers in all medical and surgical disciplines.
The institute gets visits from Honourable Prime Minister, President of the country as a guest of honour at its convocation.
Now, for the upcoming convocation which will be held after a gap of three years, no name of any top dignitary has been confirmed.
“It is up to the health ministry to decide. Till now, we have not been told about anyone,” said Dr Jagat Ram, Director of PGI informed TOI.