This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.

PG-Medical, Dental, Paramedical fee capped in Gujrat


PG-Medical, Dental, Paramedical fee capped in Gujrat

Ahmedabad: The bringing in of centralized admissions for postgraduate medical, paramedical & dental  courses has led to the Fee Regulatory Committee tightening its fist on medical colleges, by capping PG course fee.

According to the new structure, fees must be within the range of Rs 1 lakh and Rs 66 lakh for PG courses under the management quota. A major come down from the earlier management quota fee structure, levied at the medical college’s discretion and ranging between  Rs 50 lakh and Rs 4 crore.While the Dental post graduate courses will  range between  Rs 1 lakh to Rs 8.5 lakh for general quota;  Rs 5 lakh to Rs 12 lakh for management quota; and $18,000 to $169,000 for NRI quota.

The new fee structure is bound to help candidates seeking admission for PG medical and paramedical and dental seats. 75 % seats this time will fall under the general quota, while the remaining 25% will go the management way. As the new fee structure by the fee regulator has been capped based on expenses, the institutes on their part have put forward their  fee parallels in accordance with the  proficiency of their branches to the Admission Committee for Professional Postgraduate Medical Courses (ACPPGMC).

To give an example, NHL Medical College will be charging a higher sum for its radiology, orthopedic, general medicine and paediatrics courses, as it is way above others, which shall be on a lower fee scale.

The NRI category for medical courses has only 8 applicants all across the state. If any seats under this category remain vacant, they will be filled up as management quota. This is the first time that a common merit list  for admissions to postgraduate medical and paramedical courses has been  prepared by ACPPGMC.

With the new rules, it is now mandatory for all self-financed medical colleges to give a stipend of Rs 41,000 to each student.A written commitment has been taken from colleges in this regards by the  ACPPGMC, reports TOI.


Source: with Inputs
2 comment(s) on PG-Medical, Dental, Paramedical fee capped in Gujrat

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted
  1. MCI is a natioanly registed – Not only gujrat . This year totally confusing and make more seats to PGs .All MBBS Students to PG admission to the same college and not charge too much fees. Make 10 Lack per year who are joining the PG irrespective of any quotas. rule out all other terms from this year instead making more confusions about the NEET and NRI quotas. different issues to different states are not accepted, . the first quata 25% central and second state quta 50% etc. all confusing. For medical PG all quotas system to be stopped and this medical college fees/charges to be regulated. This all need bribe and comissions and the system makes more complicated. One India and one MCI and all ,medical college follows the rules and norms of central system of PG Medical course.

  2. 1 lack to 66 lack – which lack 25% students have to pay . this is some thing to make money by the medical education – how student will make 66 lacks for their studies – then u say doctor students are not good for serving the nation – 66 lack may be possible to NRIs but you took out the NRI quanta from the service offered = 66 lacl one student pay they should be exempted from the NEET and those ready to pay 66 lacks means 66 x25 = 16 cores in a year and which medicial college have an expense of 16 core for teaching the stiudents- stipend 41 are paying for their service for the society 14 hours they are spending