New Delhi: National Board of Examinations (NBE) has released Public notice for New Leave Rules for DNB/FNB Trainees on its official website.
The following revised leave rules shall apply to the candidates, those who join on or after 2018. Those who joined before 2018, the old leave rule shall be applicable.
1. DNB/FNB Trainees are entitled to avail leave during the course of DNB/FNB training as per the Leave Rules prescribed by NBE.
2. A DNB/FNB Trainees can avail a maximum of 30 days of leave in a year excluding regular duty off/ Gazetted holidays as per hospital/institute calendar/policy. This leave shall be processed at the institutional level.
3. Any kind of study leave is not permissible to DNB/FNBTrainees.
4. Under normal circumstances leave of one year should not be carried forward to the next year. However, in exceptional cases such as prolonged illness, the leave across the DNB/FNB training program may be clubbed together with prior approval of NBE.
5. Unauthorized absence from DNB/FNB training for more than 7 days may lead to
cancellation of registration and discontinuation of the DNB/FNB training and rejoining shall not be permitted.
6. Any Leave availed by the candidate other than the eligible leave (30 days per year) shall lead to extension of DNB /FNB training. The training institute has to forward such requests to NBE along with the leave records of the candidate since his/her joining and supporting documents (if any) through the Head of the Institute with their recommendation/comments. NBE shall consider such requests on merit provided the seat is not carried over and compromise with training of existing trainees in the Department.
7. Any extension of DNB/FNB training beyond the scheduled completion date of training is permissible only under extra-ordinary circumstances with prior approval of NBE. Such extension is neither automatic nor shall be granted as a matter of routine.
8. DNB/FNB trainees are required to complete their training by a prescribed cutoff date (as per information bulletin of Exit exam) for being eligible to DNB/FNB Exit examination.
9. The eligibility for DNB/FNB Final Examination shall be determined strictly in accordance with the criteria prescribed in the respective information bulletin.
For more details check out the official website of NBE http://natboard.edu.in/