The MCC window for the submission of documents to participate in Round 2 session of NEET PG Counselling 2019 by these NRI candidates has been opened from March 29 (Friday) and it will close on April 1 (Monday) till 11.00 AM.
New Delhi: Through a recent notification, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has informed the candidates who are claiming to be NRI (Non-Resident Indian) to send their relevant documents in support of their claim of nationality from Indian/other to NRI to participate in Round 2 session of NEET PG Counselling 2019.
The window for the submission of documents by these candidates has been opened from March 29 (Friday) and it will close on April 1 (Monday) till 11.00 AM.
The notice uploaded on the official website of MCC clearly states;
It is for the information to all the candidates that those who are claiming to be NRI as per the directions/orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in the case (W.P. (C) No.689/2017- Consortium of Deemed universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Anr. Vs. Union Of India & Ors.) dated 22-08-2017 (Copy enclosed), such candidates should send their fresh documents for Round-2 as mentioned below, in support of their claim of change of nationality from Indian/Other to NRI through e-mail email@example.com starting from 12:00 noon on 29″ March,2019 (Friday) to.1* April,2019 (Monday) till 11.00 AM. All such candidates are advised to be in touch with the www.mcc.nic.in website for further course of action. Mails received after the stipulated time will not be entertained.
The following conditions are required to be met by the candidates applying for change of their category (Indian/Others to NRI):-
- As per the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in the case (W.P. (C) No.689/2017- Consortium of Deemed universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Anr. Vs. Union Of India & Ors.) dated 22-08-2017 and principles set out in Anshul Tomar (supra) case.
The list of documents to be sent through e-mail are as follows:-
1) Affidavit of the person who is NRI and the sponsorer.
2) Documents claiming that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer)
3) Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08- 2017
4) Affidavit from the sponsorer (duly notarized/ attested) that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
5) Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer.
6) NEET Score Card of the candidate.
Earlier, Medical Dialogues had reported that the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has recently published the list of all eligible and non-eligible candidates, who had applied for conversion of category from Indian to NRI to participate in the All India PG counselling 2019.
There were a total of 182 NRI eligible candidates for PG Counselling 2019 Round 1, whereas 65 candidates had been asked to submit their documents again to apply for conversion. These 65 candidates have either failed to fulfil the stipulated criteria for conversion or had not submitted sufficient documents such as embassy letter, passport copy, sponsor letter etc.
For more updates candidates are requested to keep visiting the official website of MCC mentioned below: