NEET PG 2019: MUHS gears up for PG Medical admissions, asks medical college to verify seat matrix
Maharashtra: With NEET PG around the corner, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) is now gearing up for its counselling process for Post-Graduate Courses (MD/MS and MDS) of Academic Year 2019-2020. The university recently directed all its medical colleges to verify the seat matrix subject wise for the purpose of upcoming admissions.
For the same, MUHS Registrar, Dr KD Chavan has written a letter to the Dean and Principal of all the medical and dental colleges affiliated with the university, regarding the college-wise subject-wise seat matrix of Post-Graduate Courses (MD/MS and MDS) for the upcoming academic session.
The letter signed by the Registrar states that it is mandatory for the Dean/ Principal of the respective College to verify the correctness of information in Seat Matrix Chart and must countersign chart & attach a relevant document/s of permission of the Central Govt./ Central Council in supporting to the seats mentioned in the chart up to 10th January 2019.
The authority further warns them about the action that will be taken if they somehow fail to provide appropriate information regarding the seat matrix within the stipulated period of time given to them.
The letter added, "In case if any College fails to point out appropriate discrepancy within stipulated time-period & the students are allotted by the Competent Authority to the Colleges, the responsibility of such lapse shall entirely rest with the respective College. University shall initiate appropriate action against defaulter Colleges as deemed fit."
The Registrar stated that the Competent Authority has informed the University to submit Seat Matrix of Postgraduate Courses (MD/MS & MDS) of Academic Year 2019-2020 for PG Admissions up to 30th December 2018. Accordingly, University has carried out inspections of Medical & Dental Colleges for Academic Year 2019-2020.
Based on Teacher-Student Ratio & as per availability of PG Guides at the respective Colleges, Seat Matrix of MD/MS & MDS courses is finalised & submitted to the Competent Authority by the University for PG admissions for Academic Year 2019-2020 subject to following conditions:
- In case of drop out of any PG Guide for any reasons, it shall be the responsibility of the respective College to fill-up vacant post with the eligible teacher to avoid any academic loss to the admitted students.
- It shall be the responsibility of the respective College to intimate the Competent Authority about denial of permission by the Central Govt./ Central Council with a copy it marked to the university."
The Colleges are required to go through the Seat Matrix and verify the correctness of seats on following grounds:
- Seats finalized by the University shall be cross-verified with the availability of PG Guides. In case less no. of seats are intimated or non-availability of PG Guide, it shall be brought to notice to the University immediately with supporting documents for rectification.
- In case permission for any course or subject is not granted or is denied by the Central Govt./ Central Council, it shall be brought to notice to the University immediately with supporting documents for rectification.
- In case permission for any course or subject is awaited or is pending at the Central Govt./ Central Council, it shall be brought to notice to the University immediately for necessary action."
Note: Seat Matrix Chart is sent to the respective colleges for filling up information.
For more details, click on the original website of MUHS given below: