NEET 2019: Instructions to be followed at Examination Centres
Appearing for NEET 2019? Take a look at the list of instructions mandated to be followed at Examination Centres
The largest entrance examination for Under-Graduate (UG) medical courses, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the gateway for admissions to medical (MBBS), dental (BDS), and AYUSH courses in the country. NEET 2019 will be conducted on 5th May 2019, as per regulations of the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and the Dentists Act-1948.
The Examination Centre will open two (02) hours before the commencement of the test. No candidate shall be allowed to enter the Examination Centre after 1:30 p.m. Therefore, candidates must ensure that they leave home well in advance considering all facts like traffic, the location of the centre and weather conditions, etc. Candidates are expected to take their seats immediately after the opening of the Examination.
|Date of Examination||05.05.2019|
|Timing and Duration of Examination||02.00 pm to|
5.00 pm (3 hours)
|· Last Entry in the Examination Centre||1.30 pm|
|· Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall/Room||1.15 pm|
|· Announcement of Important Instructions and Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||1.30 pm to|
|· Distribution of Test Booklet by the Invigilator||1.45 pm|
|· Writing of particulars on the Test Booklet by the Candidate||1.50 pm|
|· Test Commences||2.00 pm|
|· Test Concludes||5.00 pm|
- The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card for admission in the Examination Hall. A candidate who does not possess the valid Admit Card shall not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances by the Centre.
- During the examination time, the invigilator will check Admit Card of the candidates to ascertain the identity of each candidate. The invigilators will also put their own signature in the place provided in the Answer Sheet on and Attendance.
- A seat with a roll number will be allotted to each candidate. Candidates must find out and occupy their allotted seats. If a candidate is found appearing in the Examination from a seat or room other than the allotted one, the candidature shall be cancelled.
- A candidate who comes after 01:30 p.m. shall not be permitted to enter the Examination Centre under any circumstances.
- Candidates must bring ONLY the following documents on the day of examination at the test centre. Candidates who will not bring these will not be allowed to sit in the examination and shall lead to his/her disqualification.
- The print copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during NEET (UG) - 2019
- Anyone of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non- expired) – PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph) /Ration Card/any
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any barred item or any item which could be used for Unfair practices. Possession of any such article with the candidates inside the Centre premises will attract the penalties of unfair practices.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the barred items (Chapter-11) to the venue of the examination as the arrangement for safekeeping will not be made and candidates found in possession of these items will not be allowed to enter the Examination Centre.
- No candidate will leave his/her seat or the Examination Room/Hall until the Test concludes as per the schedule. Candidates should not leave the Room/Hall without handing over their OMR Sheets to the invigilator on
- Smoking in the examination centre is strictly
- Water Bottles, Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks etc. are not allowed to be taken by the candidates into the examination centre. Candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry into the examination hall the eatables (with prior intimation) like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottle. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/ candy/sandwich.
- The Test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
- Before the start of Examination, important instructions will be communicated to the candidates by the invigilator for strict compliance by the candidates.
- A signal will be given at the beginning of the examination and at halftime. A signal will also be given before the closing time when the candidate must stop marking the responses.
- The candidate must sign twice on the Attendance Sheet at the specified place, the first time immediately after the commencement of examination and second time while handing over the Answer Sheet to the invigilator. The candidates are also required to put their Finger Impressions in the space provided on the Attendance
- The candidate will check and ensure that the Test Booklet contains as many numbers of pages as are written on the top of the cover
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of test for any reason, re-test shall not be held by the NTA under any circumstances.
- The candidates, suffering from Diabetes, may be taken care of at the Centre as per the instructions issued by NTA.
Scoring and Marking for NEET 2019
- Each question carries 4 marks. For each correct response, the candidate will get 4 marks. For each incorrect response, one mark will be deducted from the total score. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for a question in the answer sheet. The candidates are advised not to attempt such question in answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated in a question will be deemed as an incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- For the purpose of evaluation, the Test Booklet Code printed in the Answer Sheet on Side-2 will be accepted as final.
Detailed Instructions about Test Booklet and Related Material
- Details about the Test Booklet, OMR, Answer Sheet and Marking Responses shall be made available at NTA website at the time of downloading of Admit Card.
- Rough Work: All rough work is to be done in the Test Booklet only. The candidate will not do any rough work or put stray mark on the machine gradable OMR Answer Sheet.
Earlier, the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) used to conduct NEET, but this year the examination conducting body assigned by the government for NEET is National Testing Agency (NTA).NTA has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions.