NBE grants accreditation to institutions/hospitals in public and private sector all over the country for the purpose of training of candidates in various specialties and disciplines of modern medicine.
Considering the emerging need to increase the pool of competent and skilled specialists and sub specialists so as to cater to the healthcare needs of the society and community at large, National Board of Examinations administer a Post Doctoral fellowship in 19 disciplines.
NBE through a recent notifications has invited applications from eligible departments / institutions for Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cross Sectional Body Imaging. Interested institutions/hospitals/medical colleges which fulfill the criteria as laid down for this programme by NBE can apply for fresh accreditation. Details of the minimum accreditation criteria, indicative outline and requirements specific to aforesaid programme are as under:
|ECTIVE of PROGRAMME||Upon completion of his training, the FNB in Cross Sectional Imaging candidate should acquire following competencies:
1. Role as Medical Expert
· Gather essential and accurate information about patients
· Develop a diagnostic plan based upon the clinical question/s and relevant clinical, radiologic and pathologic information
· Oversee CT, US and MR diagnostic imaging to ensure adequacy of studies performed
· Counsel patients concerning preparation for the diagnostic testing
· Demonstrate knowledge of the levels of ionizing radiation related to specific imaging procedures and employ measures to minimize radiation dose to the patient
· Perform CT, US and MR examinations appropriately and safely, assuring that the correct examination is ordered and performed.
2. Role as Communicator
· Fellows must demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange with patients, patient family members, medical students, other Fellows, supervising faculty, referring physicians, technologists, nurses and other members of the health care team.
· Use of Bioethical concept for effective clinical work
· Able to do Patient centered decision making.
3. Role as Collaborator
· Working in effective healthcare team including allied health workers, radiographers & paramedics
· Inter-professional team work with other medical & surgical teams
· Management competencies related to practice management
· Healthcare advocacy for patients
· Collaborating decision making process
4. Role as Healthcare Advocate
· Advocacy for patient
· Recognizing determinants of health in population served
· Identification of important public health issues
5. Role as Scholar
· Should Contribute to contemporary literature & practice
· Should be Life long learner
· Shall be Critical appraisal
· Ethics of Teaching & maintenance of competencies
6. Professional Values
· Highest standard of professionalism
· Concepts of Ethical practice
· Sustainable Practice
|Entry Criteria||· Aspirant must possess post graduate degree in MD / DNB Radiology.
· Centralized Entrance Test (CET – SS)/National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET SS) – As per the scheme so prescribed by the National Board of Examinations. As on date the admission to all courses is undertaken on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance examination conducted by NBE followed by Centralized Counseling, the same scheme shall continue.
|Duration of Course||The course duration will be 1 year full time residency programme & fellow shall not be doing any private practice / other attachment.|
|Accreditation Criteria||I. Centre of Excellence
The Centre running the programme shall be centre of excellence in Body Imaging with following modalities:-
· At least one 16–detector row computed tomography (CT)
· 3D and 4D ultrasound
· Retroplate/Retrofit Digital X-ray
· Body imaging with Fluoroscopy
II. Faculty Criteria
III. Teaching Schedule
Hospital /Institute have to provide the Fellow at least 10 Hours of active teaching per week (5hrs Didactic Teaching & 5 hrs of Bedside teaching) which may include Seminars, Case Presentations, Journal Clubs, Clinical Postings & Lectures by faculty)
IV. Library Facility
V. Interdepartmental Meetings/ Radiological Meeting
Trainee Fellow is required to attend at least one Interdepartmental Meetings each month. This meeting shall be forum for discussion of current and archival case material & Trainee shall be well versed with the role of other specialties in overall management case.
VI. Research Work/Thesis
The fellow shall have to choose any clinical research topic pertaining to Cross Sectional Body Imaging. It is mandatory that fellow should have at least one research article published in any international or national indexed journal during period of the training.
Fellow trainee shall be paid stipend equivalent to senior resident doctor in department of Radiology.
As per NBE guidelines.
G. Training Record
The Fellow will maintain a log book of all cases assisted and performed independently over period of 1 year and produce the same at time of exit exam. Log book will be regularly be counter-signed as appropriate by the faculty to confirm the satisfactory fulfillment of the required training experience, and the acquisition of the competencies.
H. Exit examinations
Fellow have to appear FNB Exit Examination which includes both written and practical examination leading to grant of degree of Fellowship in Cross sectional Body Imaging.
|Application Forms||Application forms for seeking accreditation in above fellowship programme can be downloaded under the following link:
Please note that Main Application as well as Specialty Specific Application makes an application complete. Any of the above application can not be processed in isolation. Incomplete application shall not be processed.
Also refer to the information bulletin for seeking accreditation with NBE for year 2017 available on NBE website under quick link: Accreditation with NBE.
The cut off date for submission of application to NBE seeking fresh accreditation in FNB- Cross Sectional Body Imaging is 15th July 2017.
For more details, click on the following link