NBE grants accreditation to institutions/hospitals in public and private sector all over the country for the purpose of training of candidates in various specialties and disciplines of modern medicine.
Considering the emerging need to increase the pool of competent and skilled specialists and sub specialists so as to cater to the healthcare needs of the society and community at large, National Board of Examinations administer a Post Doctoral fellowship in 19 disciplines.
NBE has invited applications from eligible departments / institutions for Post Doctoral Fellowship in Breast Imaging. Interested institutions/hospitals/medical colleges which fulfill the criteria as laid down for this programme by NBE can apply for fresh accreditation. Details of the minimum accreditation criteria, indicative outline and requirements specific to aforesaid programme are as under:
|AIMS and OBJECTIVE of PROGRAMME||Upon completion of his training, the FNB in Breast Imaging candidate should acquire following competencies:
· Gather essential and accurate information about patients
· Develop a diagnostic plan based upon the clinical question/s and relevant clinical, radiologic and pathologic information.
· Diagnose breast cancers at their very early stage
· Perform easily and safely, imaging guided biopsies (stereotactic, US and MRI guided)
· Perform Mammography and ultrasound guided pre-operative needle localizations.
· Perform Axillary node sampling with fine-needle aspiration and core techniques
· Manage properly any anomaly noted on a mammogram, US or MRI
· Fellows must demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange with patients, patient family members, medical students, other Fellows, supervising faculty, referring physicians, technologists, nurses and other members of the health care team.
· Use of Bioethical concept for effective clinical work
· Able to do Patient centered decision making
· Working in effective healthcare team including allied health workers, radiographers & paramedics.
· Inter-professional team work with other medical & surgical teams
· Management competencies related to practice management
· Healthcare advocacy for patients
· Collaborating decision making process
· Advocacy for patient
· Recognizing determinants of health in population served
· Identification of important public health issues
· Should Contribute to contemporary literature & practice
· Should be Life long learner
· Should be Critical appraisal
· Ethics of Teaching & maintenance of competencies
· Highest standard of professionalism
· Concepts of Ethical practice
· Sustainable Practice
|Entry Criteria||· Aspirant must possess post graduate degree in MD / DNB Radiology.
· Centralized Entrance Test (CET – SS)/National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET SS) – As per the scheme so prescribed by the National Board of Examinations. As on date the admission to all courses is undertaken on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance examination conducted by NBE followed by Centralized Counseling, the same scheme shall continue.
|Duration of Course||The course duration will be 1 year full time residency programme & fellow shall not be doing any private practice / other attachment.|
|Accreditation Criteria||I. Centre of Excellence
The Centre running the programme shall be centre of excellence in Body Imaging with following modalities:-
· Digital mammography
· High Resolution Ultrasound with Elastography
· One breast Imaging MRI Coil
· Breast tomosynthesis ( Twinning arrangement with other medical institution / Hospital)
· Stereotactic Biopsy
· Vacuum assisted breast biopsy device
II. Faculty Criteria
III. Teaching Schedule
Hospital /Institute have to provide the Fellow at least 10 Hours of active teaching per week (5hrs Didactic Teaching & 5 hrs of Bedside teaching) which may include Seminars, Case Presentations, Journal Clubs, Clinical Postings & Lectures by faculty)
IV. Library Facility
V. Multidisciplinary tumour meeting.
Trainee Fellow is required to attend at least one multidisciplinary tumour meeting each month. Multidisciplinary meetings should include between the Breast Imaging & Intervention Section and the Departments of Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Pathology, Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology
VI. Research Work/Thesis
The fellow shall have to choose any clinical research topic pertaining to Breast Imaging & Intervention. It is mandatory that fellow should have at least one research article published in any international or national indexed journal during period of the training.
Fellow trainee shall be paid stipend equivalent to senior resident doctor in department of Radiology.
As per NBE guidelines.
G. Training Record
The Fellow will maintain a log book of all cases assisted and performed independently over period of 1 year and produce the same at time of exit exam. Log book will be regularly be counter-signed as appropriate by the faculty to confirm the satisfactory fulfillment of the required training experience, and the acquisition of the competencies.
H. Exit examinations
Fellow have to appear FNB Exit Examination which includes both written and practical examination leading to grant of degree of Fellowship in Breast Imaging & Intervention.
|Application Forms||Application forms for seeking accreditation in above fellowship programme can be downloaded under the following link:
Please note that Main Application as well as Specialty Specific Application makes an application complete. Any of the above application can not be processed in isolation. Incomplete application shall not be processed.
Also refer to the information bulletin for seeking accreditation with NBE for year 2017 available on NBE website under quick link: Accreditation with NBE.
The cut off date for submission of application to NBE seeking fresh accreditation in FNB- Breast Imaging is 15th July 2017.
For more details, click on the following link