NBE grants accreditation to institutions/hospitals in public and private sector all over the country for the purpose of training of candidates in various specialties and disciplines of modern medicine.
Considering the emerging need to increase the pool of competent and skilled specialists and sub specialists so as to cater to the healthcare needs of the society and community at large, National Board of Examinations administer Post Doctoral DNB Super specialty Programme in 26 disciplines.
NBE invites applications from eligible departments / institutions for Post Doctoral DNB in Endovascular & Interventional Radiology. Interested institutions/hospitals/medical colleges which fulfill the criteria as laid down for this programme by NBE can apply for fresh accreditation. Details of the minimum accreditation criteria, indicative outline and requirements specific to aforesaid programme are as under:
- Aspirant must possess post graduate degree in MD / DNB Radiology.
- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET SS)/CET (SS) – As per the scheme so prescribed by the National Board of Examinations.As on date the admissions to all courses are undertaken on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance examination conducted by NBE followed by Centralized Counseling, the same scheme shall continue.
|Duration of Course
||The course duration will be 3 year full time residency programme & trainee shall not be doing any private practice/ other attachment.
|Aims of Training
||Upon completion of his training, the DNB in Endovascular & Interventional Radiology candidate should be:
- Familiar with the signs, symptoms, etiology, pathogenesis, natural history and management of vascular & non-vascular disorders amenable to diagnosis and/or treatment by percutaneous methods guided by imaging.
- Able to obtain clinical history, carry out relevant physical examination and communicate effectively with patients and relatives about the diseases and procedures as required.
- Have knowledge and training to comply with legal and ethical standards in carrying out clinical, procedural and post procedural patient care.
- Be knowledgeable about consent and other legal requirements of performing and recording details of clinical examination, evaluation and intra- as well as post-procedural care.
- Able to perform and interpret non-invasive and invasive imaging evaluation of diseases of the vascular systems, and of other regions amenable to IR therapy
- Knowledgeable about the management protocols of these disorders, including drug therapy and non IR therapeutic alternatives.
- Aware of indications and contraindications for vascular and nonvascular interventional radiologic procedures.
- Experienced in pre-procedural clinical evaluation of patients and providing post procedural follow-up care
- Able to perform and interpret invasive vascular and non-vascular interventional procedures to the standards required and established by professional bodies and accepted by the practitioners.
- Knowledgeable about IR technology and hardware available for various procedures and anatomical areas
- Knowledgeable about new and evolving interventional techniques & technology
- Have in depth knowledge and training in the physical aspects of imaging, hazards of radiation and measures of protection.
- Able to interpret research publications and evaluate their value and relevance to the practice of IR. Understand research methodology and its principles. Carry out effectively a scholarship role in VIR.
- Able to carry out the role of a team leader and member in the VIR team with a thorough understanding of the role of each team member.
- Able to manage the available resources effectively to optimize healthcare delivery in Endovascular & Interventional Radiology.
- Able to perform the role of an effective member of healthcare teams with skills to effectively consult and interact in interdisciplinary teams.
- Able to give effective professional and legal opinions on diseases and procedures in Endovascular & Interventional Radiology.
Practice ethical medicine and be an advocate for the patient.
||Centre of Excellence
The Centre running the programme shall be centre of excellence in Body Imaging with following modalities:-
- Hospital/Institute should have dedicated Endovascular & Interventional Radiology facilities having following equipment under one roof / one campus.
- CT capable of CT angiography (16 slice or Better)
- MRI 1.5 T or Better
- Advanced Colour Doppler
- Digital Subtraction Angiography (Single or Bi-plane) with C Arm.
- The dedicated Department shall have perform following Procedures:
- Imaging-guided biopsy and drainages;
- Venous access placement;
- Diagnostic peripheral angiography;
- Peripheral arterial revascularization techniques;
- Endovascular repair of abdominal and thoracic aneurysms;
- Visceral/Renal Arteriography;
- Diagnostic Neuroangiography;
- Embolization techniques
- Those used to treat traumatic bleeding, gastrointestinal bleeding, portal vein embolization, or fibroid tumors, and
- The proper use of microcatheters and wires should be included in this experience;
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography, biliary drainage, and biliary stent placement;
- Nephrostomy tube placement;
- Gastrostomy tube placements;
- Dialysis fistula/graft evaluation and intervention;
- IVC filter placements;
- Vascular thrombolysis and thrombectomy techniques; and
- Interventional oncology therapies such as ablative and transcatheter therapies.
- Other Specialties to be available in hospital
- CTVS/ Vascular Surgery
- GI Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Additionally the centre must meet infrastructure requirements for DNB Radiodiagnosis and Imaging.
- Faculty Criteria
- One Senior Consultant: Should have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Endovascular & Interventional Radiology after qualifying MD / DNB Radiology
- One Junior consultant : Should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Endovascular & Interventional Radiology after qualifying MD / DNB Radiology
- Two Senior Resident possessing MD / DNB Radiology Degree.
- Any Faculty designated above should altogether have at least 3 Research Article Published in Indexed national or international Journal.
III. Teaching Schedule
Hospital /Institute have to provide the trainee at least 10 Hours of active teaching per week (5hrs Didactic Teaching & 5 hrs of Bedside teaching) which may include Seminars, Case Presentations, Journal Clubs, Clinical Postings & Lectures by faculty)
- IV. Library Facility
- The library should have adequate number of relevant textbooks & monographs of different titles in area of Endovascular & Interventional Radiology with recent editions should be available.
- Library must have at least 4 International or national online journal subscriptions.
- Interdepartmental Meetings/ Radiological Meeting
Trainee is required to attend at least one Interdepartmental Meetings each month. This meeting shall be forum for discussion of current and archival case material & Trainee shall be well versed with the role of other specialties in overall management case.
- VI. Research Work/Thesis
The trainee shall have to choose any clinical research topic pertaining to Endovascular & Interventional Radiology. It is mandatory that trainee should carry out one research project and present a dissertation for qualifying for the examination.
DNB trainee shall be paid stipend equivalent to senior resident doctor in department of Radiology.
As per NBE guidelines.
- Training Record
The trainee will maintain a log book of all cases assisted and performed independently over period of 3 year and produce the same at time of exit exam. Log book will be regularly be counter-signed as appropriate by the faculty to confirm the satisfactory fulfillment of the required training experience, and the acquisition of the competencies.
- Exit examinations
The trainee has to appear DNB Exit Examination which includes both written and practical examination leading to grant of degree of DNB in Endovascular & Interventional Radiology.
||Application forms for seeking accreditation in above DNB programme can be downloaded under the following link:
Main Application Form – 2017 (Click Here)
Specialty Specific Application form for DNB Programme – 2017 (Click Here)
In addition, an Annexure “Endovascular and Interventional Radiology” is required to be submitted along with the specialty specific application.
Annexure “Endovascular and Interventional Radiology” (Click Here)
Please note that Main Application as well as Specialty Specific Application makes an application complete. Any of the above application can not be processed in isolation. Incomplete application shall not be processed.
Also refer to the information bulletin for seeking accreditation with NBE for year 2017 available on NBE website under quick link: Accreditation with NBE.
The cut off date for submission of application to NBE seeking fresh accreditation in DNB – Endovascular & Interventional Radiology is 15th July 2017.
For More details, click on the following link