New Delhi: Through a recent notice the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare informed about 8 dental colleges getting the Dental Council of India nod for commencement/ increase of seats in Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course for the academic year 2019-20.
The Ministry of Health has now directed these dental colleges to submit the requisite documents including stipulated bank guarantee to issue to LOI in this regard
8 dental colleges have received the nod for their various MDS courses
- Anil Neerukonda Institute of Dental Sciences, Vishakapatnam;
- Awadh Dental College & Hospital, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand;
- Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Jamnagar;
- Govt. Dental College, Raipur;
- Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Shireen Bagh, Srinagar;
- Malla Reddy Institute of Dental Sciences, Hyderabad;
- SIM Dental College & Hospital, Chitradurga;
- Sri Venkateswara Dental College & Hospital, Thalambur, Chennai.
With the approval A total of 44 MDS seats will be added across various specialities with the approval of the authority. Out of these 44 MDS seats;
- 2 seats are to be increased in the field of Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- 15 seats are to be increased in the field of Periodontology
- 10 seats are to be increased in the field of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- 4 seats are to be increased in the field of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- 10 seats are to be increased in the field of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- 3 seats are to be added in the field of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The table understated quotes the detail-
|SN||Name of College||Scheme||S.No.||Seats||PBG (Bank guarantee)
in Rs Lakhs)
|1||Anil Neerukonda Institute of Dental Sciences, Vishakapatnam||Starting||1||Oral Pathology & Microbiology||2||60|
|Starting||3||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||2||60|
|Starting||4||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||2||60|
|2||Awadh Dental College & Hospital, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand||Increase
|2 to 5||15|
|6||Periodontology||3 to 5||10|
|3||Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Jamnagar||7||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||3||Undertaking from the State Government|
|4||Govt. Dental College, Raipur||Starting||Periodontology||3||Undertaking from the State Government|
|Starting||10||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||3||-do-|
|5||Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Shireen Bagh, Srinagar||Increase of seats||11||Oral Medicine & Radiology||2 to 3||Undertaking from the State Government|
|6||Malla Reddy Institute of Dental Sciences, Hyderabad||Starting||12||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||3||60|
|7||SIM Dental College & Hospital, Chitradurga,||Starting||14||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||2||60|
|8||Sri Venkateswara Dental College & Hospital, Thalambur, Chennai||Starting||15||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||3||60|
|Starting||17||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3||60|
|Starting||18||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||2||60|
The Letters of Intent (LoI) will be issued to the Colleges after receiving the approval of the competent authority calling for the following documents:
i. Bank Guarantee of the required amount in favour of the Dental Council of India, New Delhi valid for the entire duration of the course from a Nationalised/ Scheduled Bank. For Dental College/ Institutions which are governed by State Government, an undertaking shall be made by the concerned State Government to provide funds in their Plan Budget regularly till facilities are fully provided as per the time-bound programme in the DCI’s norms against starting/ Increase in seats in the above said MDS courses.
ii. An undertaking to implement any decision of the Dental Council of India! Central Government regarding payment of stipend to the PG students.
All the above Colleges are, therefore, advised to be ready to furnish the above documents to the Ministry at short notice so that LoPs can be issued by 28.02.2019.
for more details click on the given link: