MBBS Migration, MBBS Transfer: What MCI Guidelines say
So Here is what MCI guidelines on MBBS Migration / MBBS transfer from one medical college to another
Migration of MBBS students is regulated by REGULATION ON GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION, 1997- PART III, SECTION (4) OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA VIDE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA NOTIFICATION DATED THE 4TH MARCH 1997 AND AMENDED VIDE COUNCIL NOTIFICATION DATED 2.7.2002, 30.09.2003, 16.10.2004, 20.10.2008 & 22.12.2008)
1. Migration of students from one medical college to another medical college may be granted on any genuine ground subject to the availability of vacancy in the college where migration is sought and fulfilling the other requirements laid down in the Regulations. Migration would be restricted to 5% of the sanctioned intake of the college during the year. No migration will be permitted on any ground from one medical college to another located within the same city.
2. Migration of students from one college to another is permissible only if both the colleges are recognised by the Central Government under section 11(2) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and further subject to the condition that it shall not result in increase in the sanctioned intake capacity for the capacity for the academic year concerned in respect of the receiving medical college.
3. The applicant candidate shall be eligible to apply for migration only after qualifying in the first professional MBBS examination. Migration during the clinical course of study shall not be allowed on any ground.
4. For the purpose of migration, an applicant candidate shall first obtain "No Objection Certificate" from the college where he is studying for the present and the university to which that college is affiliated and also from the college to which the migration is sought and the university to it that college is affiliated. He/She shall submit his application for migration within a period of 1 month of passing (Declaration of result of the 1st Professional MBBS examination) along with the above-cited four "No Objection Certificates" to : (a) the Director of Medical Education of the State, if migration is sought from one college to another within the same State or (b) the Medical Council of India, if the migration is sought from one college to another located outside the State.
5. A student who has joined another college on migration shall be eligible to appear in the second professional MBBS examination only after attaining the minimum attendance in that college in the subjects, lecturers, seminars etc., required for appearing in the examination prescribed under Regulation 12(1)
Note - 1: The State Governments/ University / Institution may frame appropriate guidelines for grant of No Objection Certificate or migration, as the case may be, to the student subject to provisions of these regulations.
Note - 2: Any request for migration not covered under the provisions of these Regulations shall be referred to Medical Council of India for consideration on individual merits by the Director (Medical Education) of the State or the Head of Central Government Institution concerned. The decision taken by the Council on such requests shall be final.
Note - 3: The College / Institutions shall send intimation to the Medical Council of India about the number of students admitted by them on migration within one month of their joining. It shall be open to the council to undertake verification of the compliance of the provision of the regulations governing migration by the Colleges at any point of time.