Karnataka: Through a recent notice, the Director of Medical Education has laid down the guidelines as well as the procedure for effecting migration transfer for the year 2018-19 for MBBS Students in the state
As per MCI notification in Graduate Medical Education Regulations vide clause 6(1) and (2) Migration of students from one college to another is permissible only if both the colleges are recognized by Central Government under section 11(2) the IMC Act 1956.
Further as per Clause 6(1)(4), the office of Director of Medical Education will take a final decision in the matter as to whether or not to allow migration in accordance with the provisions of these regulations and communicate the same to the applicant student within a period of one month from the date of receipt of the request for migration.
The procedure laid down for effecting migration transfer for the year 2018-19 are as follows;
- Recognized Medical Colleges should publish the number of seats available for Migration Transfer in their respective website under intimation to this office. The number of seats available for Migration Transfer is subject to the condition, that, it shall not exceed 5% of the sanctioned annual intake capacity of the college, which shall be arrived at after the result announcement of supplementary exam of 1st MBBS course from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science.
- Recognized Medical colleges, wherein, the students have opted for out of the Institution and all the recognized Medical Colleges wherein the students have opted to come into the Institution shall invite applications for Migration Transfer from interested candidates. This procedure shall be completed by 5.11.2018.
- It shall be brought to the notice of the students requesting for migration by the Principals of the Medical Colleges that migration transfer is subject to the candidate fulfilling any of the below-mentioned conditions.
- Death of one of the parent in the preceding year (Death Certificate should be enclosed).
- One of the parents suffering from terminally ill diseases like, cancer (Medical Certificate Should be enclosed)
- If the candidate has the physical disability which necessitates the care by parents such candidates after Migration Transfer shall not be given Hostel facilities.
- The Medical Colleges from where the student is opting out and the receiving Medical College where the student is opting to come in shall prepare a merit list of all applicants who have applied for Migration Transfer.
- The colleges shall issue NOC to the candidates as per provision mentioned in para 3 before 05.11.2018 Subject to the condition that Migration Transfer in both the outgoing and receiving Medical Colleges is restricted to 5% of the annual sanctioned intake capacity of the college are the existing vacancy in respective colleges.
- The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is requested to issue “No Objection Certificate” to eligible candidates before 12.11.2018
- The students possessing No Objection Certificates from the outgoing Medical College, receiving Medical College & RGUHS shall apply in prescribed format, along with undertaking and original No Objection Certificates to the Director of Medical Education as on or before 14.11.18
- The Director of Medical Education will, in turn, refer where ever the Migration is sought on Medical Grounds refer these students to the Medical Board.
. The Medical Board shall give its opinion regarding eligibility for migration transfer by 17.11.2018,
- The Directorate of Medical Education will issue Migration Orders to eligible candidates on or before 22.11.2018
- Such of the students who have been given Migration Orders shall Report to receiving Medical College by 27.11.2018
Wide Publicity shall be given to all the students seeking Migration Transfer about the schedule by putting up the circular in all the Institutional website and Notice Boards, to ensure transparency and provide equal opportunity to all eligible candidates.
- All Migration transfers are to be affected as per the existing Medical Council of India rules and regulations. No Migration is possible from or to the permitted or un-recognized Medical Colleges.
- Such Migration Transfers are subject to final approval by Medical Council of India or succeeding statutory regulatory – authority.
For more details click on the link given below: