Karnataka Examinations Authority has issued a notice regarding combined centralised counselling for Admission to MBBS/BDS course for the year 2018-19. For more information regarding notice click on the official website of the Karnataka Examinations Authority given below:
1. The government in their letter No. HFW 124 RGU Bangalore, dated 28-06-2017, have directed KEA to conduct Common Counselling for admission to UG Medical and Dental courses for all Government, Private (Including Minority), NRI and Others seats for the year 2018-19 in the state of Karnataka.
2. Accordingly, KEA is inviting applications online from the eligible, qualified in NEET-2018 candidates from all over India, for admission to UG Medical and Dental courses for the year 2018-19 in the state of Karnataka. The candidates who have scored more than or equal to the prescribed minimum score in NEET-2018 only are eligible to register for UG Admissions. Please note that SC/ST/OBC eligibility criteria are applicable to SC/ST/OBC Karnataka candidates only.
3. Non-Karnataka candidates will not be eligible for reservation. Hence, in the UG NEET-2018 examination, if they have scored the required minimum marks or above fixed for GM (others) category as per the qualifying criteria i.e., 50th Percentile, then only they are eligible to register for admissions through KEA or for any other seats in the state of Karnataka. Please note that SC/ST/OBC eligibility criteria are applicable to Karnataka SC/ST/OBC candidates only.
4. Centralised and Combined Counselling for the seats to be notified by the Karnataka State Government, in Government, KPCF, KRLMPCA, AMPCK institutions, the admissions will be as per the Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government Seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules, 2006 (in short Rules) as amended from time to time and as per the guidelines of MCI / DCI / Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, GOI / Government of India / Medical Education, Karnataka / Director Medical Education, Karnataka / Entrance Test
5. Before registering through online for admission to Medical and Dental courses in the state of Karnataka, applicants are hereby informed to read the Information Bulletin UG NEET-2018 and understand the eligibility conditions, classification of seats (different types of category of seats) and eligibility to claim such seats which are hosted on the KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in for the information of the candidates.
6. The interested eligible candidates have to register online from 4.00 pm on 15.06.2018 to 21.06.2018 up to 5.30 pm by visiting KEA Website. Last date to pay the registration fees is 22.06.2018.
INSTRUCTIONS TO KARNATAKA CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY VERIFIED THEIR DOCUMENTS
Candidates who have already registered with KEA for CET-2018 and verified their documents should compulsorily register for NEET-2018 by entering / citing their CET-2018 admission ticket number. Candidates who have completed their document verification as per their CET-2018 rank, as per CET-2006 Admission Rules (who are holding verification slip) need not attend the document Medical / Dental verification once again in case there is no change in any reservations. They could print the verification slip for Medical / Dental from their student login.
However, if any such candidate wishes to claim reservation as per Government of Karnataka norms / Linguistic Minority or Religious Minority or NRI seats or specific reservation (RC-1 to RC-9) in St. John Medical College, Bangalore, then they have to submit such relevant certificates / documents on the day of their turn as per the NEET document verification.
7. Mere qualifying in UG-NEET-2018 does not confer any right on the candidate unless the candidate fulfils eligibility conditions / submission of certificates. Further, only the candidates who complete the registration process including document verification are eligible for Medical / Dental seats in Government / Private Colleges in Karnataka. Registered but not verified / Unregistered candidates will not be allowed for any admission either through KEA or by the College, as after the mop-up round, the list of registered and verified but un-allotted candidates will be sent by KEA to colleges to fill-up vacant seats, if any. (As per GOI instructions)
NOTE: All the candidates who have qualified in NEET-UG 2018 are hereby advised to register and complete the document verification process to become eligible for admission to Medical / Dental Courses in the State of Karnataka.
8. Schedule for verification of documents will be hosted on the KEA Website on 23-06-2018 after 6.00 p.m. For more details regarding academic eligibility / updates, please visit KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in