Karnataka: Through a recent notice Karnataka Examination Authority published details for Mop Up Round Eligibility Criteria. The full details along with the original websites of KEA is given below:
Medical Mop-up round Eligibility Criteria.
- Candidates who have been allotted any Medical seat either in First Round (Choice 1 & 2) or in the Second Round are not eligible to participate.
- Further, the candidates who have been allotted any seat under All India Quota / Deemed University / ESIC / any state boards et care not eligible to participate.
- Candidates who have not exercised any option/choice in the first round and any option in the second round are not eligible for mop-up round.
- Candidates who have joined the college after allotment of seats in the first round or second round of All India Counseling including Counseling for Deemed Universities are not eligible for mop-up round.
- Candidates who have been allotted Dental seat through KEA can participate for selection of Medical seat only, but not for dental seat
- Candidates who have registered & verified exclusively for mop-up round are eligible.
- Eligible candidates who have registered prior to the mop-up round and have gone through document verification would need to register their interest in participating in the mop-up round on the KEA portal from 30 a.m. on 17th Aug 2018 to 18th Aug 2018 up to 5.30 pm. Further, they must download the entry pass for mop-up round and must produce the same at the venue on the day of mop-up counselling.
Following documents are required to participate in Mop Up Round.
- Entry pass downloaded from the KEA Website. Following documents are required to participate in the mop-up round.
- Verification Slip issued by KEA.
- Fees in the form of Demand Draft — multiple demand drafts for different denominations can be brought.
- Undertaking in the prescribed format that he or she has not taken admission from any other boards like “All India Quota / Deemed University / ESIC / any state boards etc” and that he or she will not cancel the seat after selecting the seat in the mop-up round at KEA.
- In case of cancellation after allotment in Mopup round, entire fees paid will be forfeited and the candidate will be liable to pay prescribed penalty. The candidate will not be eligible for any allotment through centralised counselling in Karnataka in future.
- 8. The candidate photo will be printed on the entry pass; the photograph of the person who is accompanying the candidates needs to be uploaded before taking the entry pass printout.
9. The candidates have to be present personally for the counselling process; no one can represent the candidate under any circumstances. Only one person (Parent / nearest relative) can accompany the candidate. The entry pass for mop-up round should necessarily have the details of the accompanying person.
10. The candidates have to compulsorily pay the prescribed fees in the form of demand draft drawn in favour of “The Executive Director, KEA” payable at Bangalore. Candidates can bring multiple demand drafts for different denominations. Online payment or Cheques or Cash is not allowed. Candidates will not be allowed to select the seats without the demand drafts for the required fees. Candidates are advised to visit KEA Website for seat availability / vacant seats for mop-up round allotment before participating.
11. Mop-up round may extend into the late hours of the day. Candidates must come prepared; they may carry some food and medicines if required.
12. Counselling will be stopped once the seats are exhausted. Therefore candidates/parents are informed to check the availability of seats before participating in the mop-up round.
13. If any seats gets cancelled/surrendered or become vacant for any reason before mop-up round, such seats will be considered for allotment in the respective category in the first instance. After completion of the seat allotment if any Government reserved seat remains un-allotted after exhausting the last rank, then those seats will be decategorized as per norms and offered to next eligible candidates as per rules.
14. All other instructions/orders issued by Apex Bodies / Government will imply.
The offline seat allotment will be conducted at KEA, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru, as per the schedule is given below.
|First Round||Eligibility For Mop Up Round|
|Choice1: Joined/Not Joined/cancelled||No|
|Choice2: Not paid fees/Cancelled||No|
|Alloted But Not Given Chance||No|
|Option Given But Not Alloted Any Seat||Yes|
|Choice 2 of first round: upgraded/ retained same seat joined/ not joined/ cancelled||No|
|Choice 3 of first round: alloted-joined/not joined/cancelled||No|
|Choice 3 of first round: not alloted||Yes|
|freshly alloted in second round: alloted-joined/not joined/cancelled||No|
|Not given options (both in first and second round)||No|
|Second Round Exit Clauses For medical/dental|
|Alloted- Upgraded/Not Upgraded: joined/not joined Surrenders before last day of joining(18 Aug 2018 16:00 hrs)||Penalty Rs 5000+Rs 5000 processing fees|
|Upgraded/Not Upgraded: joined/not joined Surrenders after last day of joining(18 Aug 2018 16:00 hrs)||Penalty Rs 5000+Rs 5000+ forfeiture of fees paid.|
For more details click on the given link:https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/ugneetnew/Home.aspxhttp:/