Maharashtra: Detailed schedule of admission process for NEET UG 2016 students
The state Government of Maharashtra has released the notice regarding the process of selection and admissions to be granted to the 1st year of undergraduate Private Medical & Dental Colleges for the Academic Year 2016-2017, in pursuant to the NEET-2016. The candidates who have filled online application form for both Private Medical & Dental Colleges and Deemed institution will fill only one preference form which include code for both Private Medical & Dental Colleges and Deemed institution.
The “Preference Form Information Brochure” is available on website of www.dmer.org and www.mahacet.org. This Information Brochure contains the information required by candidates for filing preference form, for the purpose of seeking admission. It includes General instructions to the candidates for filing preference form, method of scrutiny of documents, method of selection and admission. The candidate should attend the preference form filling process as per the schedule set out hereunder at the Regional Centers.
Candidates should download the Information Brochure from website www.dmer.org. Copy of information brochure will not be provided to candidate at the time of counselling. Candidates should carefully go through the entire Information Brochure and follow the instructions for further course of selection and admission. Kindly note that non-compliance with any of the provisions set out in the Information Brochure will result in rejection of claim for admission
On the scheduled dates and at the scheduled sessions, candidates in accordance with their NEET All India rank as mentioned in the NEET mark sheet are required to attend in person, the counseling at the respective regional centres selected by the candidate during online submission of application form.
Regional centres for Counseling & submission of Preference Form
- Grant Government Medical College, Sir J.J. Hospital Campus, Byculla, Mumbai
- B.J. Government Medical College, Sassoon Hospital Campus, Pune
- Govt. Medical College, Ghati Hospital Campus, Aurangabad
- Govt. Medical College, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur
Pre-printed preference form with the particulars of each and every candidate set out hereunder, will be made available to each of the candidates at the aforesaid Regional Help Line : Tech. Education (022-30233420), Medical Education (022-22652251), Higher Education (022-26476037) Centres. The preference form has preprinted name, roll no, NEET All India rank, category etc, information in it and it is scanable. The candidates are hereby called upon to report on the date specified in the following Table and the Sessions set out there under in accordance with their NEET All India rank.
Schedule for filling of Preference form at all Regional Centres
|Day & Date||NEET All India rank||NEET All India rank||Category (Excluding Person with Disability)|
|1 to 40000|| |
Morning Session (9.00am)
All the candidates (including Constitutional Reservation i.e. SC, ST, VJ, NT1, NT2, NT3 & OBC)
|40001 to 63000||Afternoon session(2.00pm)|
|63001 to 90000||Morning Session (9.00am)|
|90001 to 120000||Afternoon session(2.00pm)|
|120001 to 160000||Morning Session (9.00am)|
|160001 to 220000||Afternoon session(2.00pm)|
220001 to 300000
Morning Session (9.00am)
|SC, ST, VJ, NT1, NT2, NT3 and OBC only|
(VJ = DT- A, NT1 =NT B, NT2 =NT C, NT3 =NT D)
The candidate must report to the respective Regional Centre personally (proxy will not be permitted), as set out in Table no.1 at the specified time and date set out in Table no.2 above, alongwith all the relevant original documents and one set of photocopies as mentioned in the of Information Brochure NEET- 2016. It is made hereby clear that if the relevant documents are not produced by the candidates at the time of counseling, claim will not be granted. Only one parent will be allowed along with the candidate.
Instructions to the candidates:
Please attend the counselling as per NEET all india rank only as given in the marksheet of NEET 2016. Please do not attend the counselling as per any one of the following no. a) All India Quota rank b) NEET All India category rank c) All India quota category rank.
- Candidates who have not submitted online application form or not included in the provisional merit list declared by the state CET CELL, should not attend counselling round.
- Candidates having NEET All India rank 2,20,001 and onward belonging to open category should not attend counselling round. The open category candidates having NEET all India rank 2,20,001 and onward will be called for counselling if required in due course.
- Some of the Medical / Dental colleges included in the preference form filling process are still in the process of MCI / DCI /State Government / MUHS approval or affiliation. If these colleges fail to complete these formalities, then seats of these colleges will not be included in the selection list of 1st round.
- If a candidate does not fill choice for any given Medical / Dental college, it will be allotted to the next candidates with lower merit.
- There is a preference form containing code numbers of all Private Medical & Dental Colleges and Deemed institution Medical / Dental colleges. The same choices in sequence will be considered for Private Medical & Dental Colleges and Deemed institution Medical / Dental colleges during preparation of both selection list. Those who have applied for only private Medical / Dental colleges should not fill choices of Deemed institution Medical / Dental colleges. If filled, they will be ignored by the computer. Irrespective of the out come in WP No. 9995 of 2016 in Bombay High court same choices will be used for selection in all future rounds of Private Medical / Dental colleges.
To read full DMER notice, click on the following link: