Maharashtra: Through a recent notice, the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) has informed about the adoption of guidelines of library dissertation for MDS course.
The Dental Council of India (DCI) has notified the guidelines for library dissertation for MDS course,
MUHS has stated that a meeting was conducted on the matter of applicability of Library Dissertation on 28/08/2018 and after deliberations; it has resolved to adopt Library Dissertation as under:
- All Postgraduate students admitted in MDS Course w.e.f. Academic Year 2018-2019 & onwards will have to work on Library Dissertation for a period of 18 months from the date of commencement of the course. Students are
required to undertake the Systematic Review/Literature Review as a Library Dissertation.
- Systematic Review involves proper methodology and forms the basis for Evidence-Based Dentistry to draw the conclusion more accurately. Students are encouraged to carry out Systematic Review by using PRISMA guidelines.
- Students are also encouraged to register their title of Library Dissertation on databases such as PROSPERO / Other similar databases to avoid duplication of work.
- On completion of Library Dissertation, the respective College is required to issue a Certificate, specifying type of review conducted ( Systematic /Literature Review) and database registration if any; duly signed by the concerned HOD and the Dean/ Principal of the college, which shall be a prerequisite condition for Thesis submitted to the University.
- It is mandatory for all Postgraduate Dental Colleges to include Two Days Training on Systematic Reviews in PG Orientation Programme.
- The colleges are also required to train their postgraduate teachers by Conducting Teachers Training Programme on Systematic Reviews by PRISMA guidelines for its effective implementation.
The Dean/Principal of Colleges are requested to circulate above guidelines to all concerned and ensure compliance on the subject.
For more details, click on the original website of the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences given below: