Thiruvananthapuram: A revised order on minority MBBS admission quota in self-financing medical colleges has been issued by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
As per the new order, the certificate of revenue officials is not necessary for eligibility under community quota for the following Christian Medical Colleges:
- Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Thrissur
- Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur
- Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kolenchery
- Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Science and Research Centre, Thir-uvalla
- Believers Church Medical College Hospital, Kuttapuzha,
- Push-pagiri College of Dental Science, Thiruvalla.
Candidates will henceforth only be required to produce the certificate issued by the church alone.
In the case of Azeezia Medical College, Kollam, Muslim community applicants, who are members of Muslim Jamaath, are to provide the certificate issued by the revenue authority and an additional document from the Kerala Jamaath Federation, Kollam reports Deccan Chronicle.