JIPMER Notice to Faculty regarding procedure for conducting Exit Exam for DM/MCH/PDF Courses; Details
Puducherry: Through a recent notification Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER Puducherry) has published the Procedure to be followed by the heads of the departments for conducting the DM/MCH/PDF Courses Exit Examination.
The notice uploaded on the official website of JIPMER clearly states the following:
This is for the kind attention of the heads of the departments conducting super speciality (DM/MCH/PDF) courses that the following administrative procedure is to be followed for conducting the Exit examination of the above-mentioned courses:
- The Department shall submit a fist of examiners working as Additional Professor / Professor. The list should contain examiners only from the INIs or reputed Govt. / Pvt. Teaching Institutions from all over India. The list shall be updated every three years or earlier as required.
- The Office of the Dean shall select the external and internal examiners from the list provided by the department as per existing norms.
- Under normal circumstances, the examiners setting the theory paper shall also be the practical examiner unless a change is necessitated due to some reason like refusal by the examiner etc.
- Upon receipt of the theory question papers, the controller of Examinations shall call the chairperson for vetting and finalizing the question paper for theory examination.
- The office of the Dean shall send the final list of examiners for the practical examination to the chairperson of the board of examiners. The chairperson shall contact the examiners to help them finalize their travel itinerary.
- The department shall help the external examiners in hiring a taxi for travel between Chennai/Pondicherry airport and JIPMER. The maximum reimbursement for one way travel to Chennai Airport shall be restricted to 3,000/- .
- The office of the Dean shall send the list of external examiners to the Guest house to book a suitable accommodation for a period of two days for the examiners. However, it is the responsibility of the concerned department to finalize the booking based on the arrival and departure timings of the examiners.
- The external examiners shall be provided boarding and lodging in the guest house for a period of two days.
- If the examiners choose NOT TO stay in the guest house, they will be provided hotel accommodation or reimbursed hotel charges for two clays as per their eligibility.
- If required, the department may draw an advance from the accounts section, Office of the Dean for the purposes of hotel stay (two days) and to and fro taxi travel to the airport for the external examiners.
- The department shall also be responsible for the local transport of the examiners from guest house/Hotel to the venue of the practical examination.
- After conclusion of the examination, the chairperson shall submit the result in a sealed cover marked 'CONFIDENTIAL' to the Examination section on the day of examination itself. Late submission of the result is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Other documents (TA/DA forms of the examiners etc.) may also be submitted at the earliest to facilitate early processing and payment to the examiners.
for more details click on the link mentioned below: