New Delhi: Indian Council of Medical Research has invited applications from MBBS candidates who had participated in ICMR-STS programme for “ICMR-CNMC STS Excellence Award-2018”. The Award carries a cash award of Rs. 25,000/- and a Certificate of Honour. The last date of submission of applications is December 31, 2018, till 05:30 pm.
The ICMR – Calcutta National Medical College (CNMC) Short Term Studentship (STS) Excellence Award was instituted by CNMC Alumni Association, Kolkata in 2015.This award is conferred upon a medical undergraduate student (MBBS) who has availed ICMR’s STS grant and has published a paper in an indexed journal as the first author. This award aims to encourage undergraduate medical students to take up research.
The Award carries a cash award of Rs. 25,000/- and a Certificate of Honour.
The last date of submission of applications is December 31, 2018, till 05:30 pm.
Eligibility and Terms & Conditions:
- A student pursuing MBBS or/has completed MBBS AND who has participated in ICMR-STS Program successfully AND published an original article as the first author in an indexed peer-reviewed journal based on his STS research work will be eligible to apply for this award.
- The application in a given format accompanied by CV and original Publication in an indexed journal may be submitted by the student.
- Case reports/letters to editors/ papers in non-peer reviewed/non-indexed journals/ review articles/chapters in books/ abstracts/ conference proceedings or any other reports will not be entertained for this award.
- STS students who have published their paper during December 2017 shall be eligible to apply for ICMR-CNMC STS Excellence Award-2018.
- The topic for research could be any kind of biomedical and health research involving either clinical, laboratory, experimental, epidemiological, qualitative, quantitative, or community-based work etc carried out under ICMR-STS programme.
- Application for the award should be sent in the specified format available below.
- The student should have followed ethical norms for the conduct of research and have acknowledged STS Program of ICMR in the publication.
- The selection will be based on scientific merit only and no other considerations will be taken into account.
How to apply:
Applicants should send their duly signed application only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents (mandatory) as email attachments. No paper/hard copies will be accepted. Kindly send the pdf of the following:
- Filled in application in the given format (pdf). CNMC Application 2018
- Signed and dated CV (pdf).
- Reprint/ Original Publication in an indexed journal (pdf).
Kindly note that any web links to the journal will NOT be accepted. The original paper should be downloaded and saved as a pdf file and submitted.
For more details click on the given link: