Karnal: Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar recently, inaugurated the 150 seated Adesh Medical College and Private Hospital, at Mohri village in Kurukshetra district. This inauguration comes three weeks after the Medical Council of India (MCI), gave Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College, Karnal, a 100 MBBS seat approval, for the current academic session. The total number of MBBS seats in Haryana rise to 1,400 with the commencement of sessions in these two colleges.
Adesh Medical College, is situated on National Highway 1, in Shahabad Tehsil, on an acquired 29 acres of land, for the medical college and a 300-bed hospital. Affiliated to the Pandit BD Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, the hospital is owned by the Adesh Welfare Society.
Adesh commences session with an MCI approval of a 150 students in August, for the year 2017-18. The approval being renewable every year , till the passing out of the first batch.
Kalpana Chawla Medical College will also commence session likewise, with a strength of a 100 from this August. The opening of these two medical institutions will give great impetus to medical services along the Karnal /Kurukshetra, districts highway reports HT.
Haryana’s Medical College seat strength:
Private College Seat List
- World College of Medical Sciences and Research, Jhajjar, Haryana:150
- Adesh Medical College and Hospital, Shahabad, Kurukshetra:150
- MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mullana, Ambala:100
- NC Medical College and Hospital, Panipat:150
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary Medical College, Gurgaon:150
- Maharaja Agrasen Medical College, Agroha:100
Government College Seat List:
- Pt BD Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak :200
- BPS Government Medical College for Women, Sonepat:100
- Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College, Karnal:100
- Shaheed Hasan Khan Mewati Government Medical College, Nalhar:100
- Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Faridabad:100