Chandigarh: The admission procedure to be followed for admission to Post Graduate Courses, like MD, MS, PG Diploma and MDS for the Academic session 2018-19 in the government, government aided, private medical and dental educational institutions including those under Private University (SGT University, Budhera, Gurugram) in the State have been notified by the Haryana government.
An official spokesman stating this, said that a notification in this regard to government institutions stated that, 50 percent of the seats were to go to the All India Merit Category of NEET PG- 2018 and NEET MDS- 2018 and the remaining 50 percent of the seats were to be assigned under the Haryana State Merit Category of NEET PG- 2018 and NEET MDS- 2018.
25 percent seats are to be reserved (Institutional preference) for the candidates who have passed MBBS or BDS courses from the Institutions in the State he further added. Similarly, three percent seats would be reserved for the candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs (PH category), the official stated.
50 percent of seats in the PG Diploma courses, the official said are to be reserved for in-service doctors serving under the State Government, Government PSUs and autonomous bodies of the State Government who have served for at least three years in remote or difficult areas notified by the State Government.The Employers are to sponsor candidates for admission to PG Diploma courses under this category, he told the Punjab News Express.
In private institutions covered under this Notification, 50 percent of the seats would be filled under Open Merit Category and the remaining 50 percent of seats would be filled under the Management category.
He further informed that Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak was authorized to conduct Combined Centralised Counselling as per Merit of NEET PG-2018 and NEET MDS-2018 for admission to all the mentioned state institutions.
Students keen on seeking admission to these courses will have to register online through Haryana Knowledge Corporation Limited (HKCL) web portal. The details of web portal including dates for inviting online applications and counselling schedule will be available on the website of Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtakwww.uhsr.ac.in as well as on the website of Directorate of Medical Education and Research www.dmerharyana.org.
Physical counselling would also be conducted on the campus of Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak as part of the admission process. The detailed schedule would be announced later he added.
The eligibility criteria for candidates for these courses would be as follows:
- he or she should be a citizen of India
- should have passed MBBS or BDS examination from recognized university or institution situated in Haryana as a bonafide resident of the state
- or has passed MBBS or BDS examination from any other medical, dental college or institution recognized by the Medical or Dental Council of India and have a domicile from the state
Speaking about candidates applying under management category, he said a candidate for admission to MD, MS, PG Diploma or MDS courses in private medical or dental institutions would be eligible for the following conditions :
- he or she has passed MBBS or BDS examination from university or institution recognized by the Medical or Dental Council of India.
- The applicant may be eligible if he or she has completed satisfactorily one-year compulsory Rotatory Internship from Institutions recognized by the Medical or Dental Council of India for this purpose by March 31, 2018.
- However, the candidates who had passed their BDS course prior to 1991 and hold a BDS degree from a Dental College recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI) and have obtained permanent registration with the State Dental Council would be exempted from the applicability of this pre-condition.
- internship of 12 months period would not be condoned in any case or circumstances except for the students of BDS batch admitted during the academic session 2007-08 (as allowed by Dental Council of India) and have completed four-and-a-half year BDS course along with six months of compulsory Rotatory Internship. The candidate should be registered with the State Medical or State Dental Council, Medical Council of India or DCI.
- a student who was already admitted to any PG course including PG Diploma course in any Institution was not eligible to apply until the completion of the course. An undertaking to this effect would be given by the candidate. Concealment of facts would invite disqualification without assigning any reason.