This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.

Gujarat: Surat Medical college gets 35 more PG Medical Seats, Rajkot 40


Gujarat: Surat Medical college gets 35 more PG Medical Seats, Rajkot 40

Gujarat: The issue of the doctor specialists in Gujarat state is expected to see some relief in the days to come with an increase in the number of Post Graduate (PG) medical seats in the state. The Government Medical College at Surat and Rajkot together will witness an increase of 75 more seats in PG medical courses. As per recent media reports, 35 seats at Surat Medical College and 40 seats at Rajkot Medical College will be increased.

Also Read: GMERS Gujarat: 600 Applications for 350 Medical Vacancies, But 88 Appointment Letters

The increase comes in the face of revision of the teacher-student ratio that had been undertaken by the medical council of India last year. The increase will benefit all the PG medical aspirants that are going to appear for NEET PG in the month of January, 2019.

With the latest increase, the number of PG medical seats will rise to around 2,100 in Gujarat. Of Gujarat’s 2,100 seats, 70% are in clinical streams while the remaining 30% seats are in non-clinical streams.

The officials told TOI that previous year only three of the 2,000-odd seats had fallen vacant last year, all in the clinical stream. There were no vacant seats in the non-clinical stream.

Some of these 800 seats remained empty and were later occupied by the centralized admission committee for PG courses, as informed by the officials.

Also Read: Gujarat: State-run medical colleges to get 400 additional PG seats


Source: With input
1 comment(s) on Gujarat: Surat Medical college gets 35 more PG Medical Seats, Rajkot 40

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted
  1. There is a crying need for more specialists. I hope the hospitals have the infrastructure, incl faculty.