New Delhi: Through a recent notice, National Board Of Examinations informed about the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) -Screening Test Exam will be held on 14th December 2018. The notice with the full details of the original website of NBE is given:
|Availability of Information Bulletin||16th October 2018|
|Online submission of application form||16th October – 6th November 2018|
|Examination Date||14th December 2018|
|Declaration of Results||By 15th January 2019|
Online submission of application form begins on 16th October 2018 from 07:00 PM onwards. Online applications can be accessed and completed till 11:55 PM on 6th November 2018.
NOTE: Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin and instructions for online submission of application form carefully before starting online submission of application form and ensure that no mandatory column in the
online application form is left blank. In the event of rejection of the application form, no correspondence/request for reconsideration will be entertained.
Candidates may note that deficiency, if any, in the application form shall be communicated to them within 15 days of the close of the registration window.
Candidate will be given one week time thereafter to rectify the deficiency and provide supporting documents if so required.
Admit cards to provisionally eligible candidates will be issued on 6th December 2018. Applicants candidate will be able to download them from the website using their login ID and Password.
The Applicant must meet/ fulfil the following criteria:
1. He / She is a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
2. The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
3. The cut-off date for obtaining the Primary Medical Qualification is on or before 30th November 2018. It is mandatory to provide proof/documentary evidence in support of the candidate having passed final examination for such a primary medical qualification/posses the primary medical qualification on or before the cut-off date. In the event of the date of issue of result/proof of primary medical qualification being after the prescribed cut-off date, the application form shall be rejected and the candidate declared as ineligible.
4. Candidate seeking provisional or permanent registration shall not have to qualify the Screening Test if he/she holds an Under Graduate medical qualification from Australia/ Canada/New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America and the holder thereof has also been awarded a Post Graduate medical qualification in Australia/Canada/ New Zealand/ United Kingdom/United States of America and has been recognized for
enrolment as a medical practitioner in that country.
5. Applicants/Candidates may also refer to Screening Test Regulations and Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, Eligibility Certificate Regulations issued by Medical Council of India.
FMGE: Rs. 5500/-
The above fee is inclusive of examination fees and information bulletin. Please note that this is a composite fee (as above) inclusive of fees for the examination and information bulletin. Information Bulletin shall also be available at the website for reference.
How To Pay :
The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks of India or through Net Banking.
Candidates remaining absent from the examination will forfeit their examination fee.
Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfilment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
FEES SHALL NEITHER BE REFUNDED NOR CARRIED FORWARD IF THE APPLICATION FOR FMGE IS REJECTED/CANDIDATURE IS FOUND TO BE INELIGIBLE.
Scheme Of Examination:
The exam consists of one paper, comprising 300 multiple choices, single correct response questions in English language only, delivered in two parts to be taken in a single day.
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per the prescribed scheme.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
Allocation of time for the FMGE shall be as follows:
|Activities||Part – A
(9:00 AM-11:30 AM)
|Part – B
(2:00 PM-04:30 PM)
|Allow Candidates to enter the examination
centre and commence Biometric Registration
|07:00 AM||12:00 PM|
|Entry closes at Examination Center||08:30 AM||01:30 PM|
|Grant access for Candidate Login||08:45 AM||01:45 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||08:50 AM||01:50 PM|
|Exam Start Time||09:00 AM||02:00 PM|
|Exam End Time||11:30 AM||04:30 PM|
Note: FMGE is divided into two parts of 150 questions each with time allocation of150 minutes for each part. There is a scheduled break between the two parts.
Candidates are required to report at the ‘Reporting Counter’ at 7:00 AM for Part One and 12:00 PM for Part Two (two hours prior to the start time). The reporting counter will close 30 minutes prior to the test start time. The candidate who fails to report to the reporting counter by the stipulated time as indicated above shall not be allowed to test
An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 in the examination.
. Results (Pass/Fail) for eligible candidates will be displayed on NBE website. There is no provision for re-totalling/re-evaluation.
There are no restrictions on the number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.
For more details click on the given link: