Bhubaneshwar: A fire broke out in the Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital causing panic within the hospital staff and admitted patients.
As per media reports, sparks erupted in the Physiotherapy Department of the medical institute located on the third floor of its building. The blaze came to light after some of the hospital staff witnessed smokes waving out of a room and raised an alarm.
On getting the information, two fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames within half an hour, reports Odisha TV.
Fortunately, there was no casualty as there were no students or hospital staff present in the section.
Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, fire personnel suspect an electric short-circuit might have triggered the fire, adds Pragativadi.
Medical Dialogues had earlier reported about another fire which had broken out in the dispensary of the state-run Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata following which around 250 patients have been evacuated from the premises.