MD, MS Counselling 2020 at JIPMER: Final Round scheduled for 5th February
Puducherry: Through a recent notice, the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER Puducherry) has informed that the forthcoming 3rd Counseling for admission to MD/MS Degree courses, January 2020 at JIPMER, scheduled to be held on 05/02/2020 will be the third and Final Counseling.
There are a total of 25 MD and MS seats vacant for Final round of counselling for admission to JIPMER this academic year.
The aggregate surfaces from a seat matrix released by the medical college recently along with the schedule and other important details pertaining to the Final round of MD and MS counselling. The Final counselling for admission to MD/MS Courses - January 2020 Session scheduled to be held on 05-02-2020 (Wednesday) as detailed below:
As per the seat matrix, the maximum number of MD seats are available in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology and Radiation Oncology with 3 seats each. MD Pathology, MD Community Medicine each have 2 seats left while MD in Emergency Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion have only 1 seat each.
No seats are available in Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Venerology & Leprology, General Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Medicine, Radio-diagnosis MD courses. Meanwhile, all MS seats have been taken for these specialities: General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology and Oto-Rhino Laryngology (ENT).
All the details of the Final round are mentioned below
02.00P.M. (Candidates should be Seated inside the counseling hall at 1.30 pm)
JIPMER MINI-AUDITORIUM, FOURTH FLOOR, JIPMER ACADEMIC CENTER, JIPMER,
Any candidate with minimum of 50 percentile & above for unreserved (UR) & Institute (INST) categories, 45 Percentile & above for UH (OPH) and 40 Percentile & above for remaining categories (OBC/SC/ST-including OPH) are eligible to attend this final counseling irrespective of their previous counseling attendance.
• The deatils of vacant seats in MD/ MS course disciplane is mentioned in Annexure-I
• The candidates are informed to refer the MD/ MS prospectus- January 2020 Session in detail regarding counseling and admission process. The lists of Original Certificates to be brought on the day of counseling refer MD/ MS Prospectus Page No. 25.
• Any Candidate without Original Certificates / Retention of Certificates is not permitted to attend this Counseling.
• The registraton process and other details are mentioned overleaf. The registration for counseling closes strictly at 11:00am.
• It is essential that the candidate has to appear in person for the counseling. Representation of candidates by any other authorized person will not be permitted for counseling under any circumstances.
• Counselling for the existing, subsequent and resultant vacant seats due to spot resignation are to be filled only through the Roster-Point allocation method.The Second counselling ended at SI.No.73 of the Roster Point and the Final counseling will start at Roster Point SI.No.74 (Please refer Prospects Page No. 37).
• Candidates on roll in a particular discipline at JIPMER on the day of the Final counseling are permitted to register. At the time of registration they have to submit a Permission letter from respective Head of the Department for attending the counseling & Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/ (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) drawn in favour of THE DIRECTOR, JIPMER, Payable at Puducherry as per the penalty clauses formid-stream departure. The candidates opting for changes have to immediately forfeit the previous seat. Such candidates would be treated as new admission and they have to remit Academic, Admission and Learning Resource Fee afresh. In case the candidate does not opt fora seat during the counseling, Respective DD would be returned at the end of the counseling.
• Candidates who had opted for a seat in any other Medical College may also attend JIPMER counseling. They have to submit a certificate of retention, mentioning the certificates retained. The certificate shall be issued by the Dean or Principal of the said Medical College with Office Seal. Self-attested copy of certificates retained has to be produced. They also have to deposit a Demand Draft for Rs. 50,000/-(Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) drawn in favour of The Director, JIPMER, Payable at Puducherry at the time of registration. The DD would be returned to the candidate if he/she does not opt for a seat. If a candidate opts for a seat, the amount will be returned at the end of the course on his/her request. In case the candidate after taking up a seat does not submit the original certificates and join the course on or before 15-02-2020 (10.00AM), the deposit will not be refunded and the seat allotted will be cancelled without any further correspondence.
• The candidates who will opt a seat in the final counseling should join the course immediately i.e on 06.02.2020.
VACANT SEATS FOR FINAL COUNSELLING (As on 23.01.2020)
No. of seats
M.D. Community Medicine
M.D. Dermatology, Venerology & Leprology
M.D. Emergency Medicine
M.D. Forensic Medicine
M.D. General Medicine
M.D. Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion
M.D. Nuclear Medicine
M.D. Pulmonary Medicine
M.D Radiation Oncology
M.S. General Surgery
M.S. Obstetrics & Gynaecology
M.S. Oto-Rhino Laryngology (E.N.T.)
for more details click on the link mentioned below: