KEA extends deadline to apply for CET 2020
Bengaluru: Giving another opportunity to the candidates to apply for CET 2020, the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has extended the application timeline.
The notice to this effect issued by KEA clearly states, "Second Chance to apply online for CET-2020 - 07-03-2020 to 16-03-2020 For admission to various Professional courses for the year 2020, last date to apply online was fixed as 02-03-2020. On the request of many students and parents' application portal will be enabled once again."
If some of the students have not applied for CET-2020, can apply online from 07-03-2020 to 16-03-2020 and pay the fees on or before 18-03-2020. For more details please visit KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in
Karnataka Examinations Authority is conducting the Common Entrance Test-2020 for admission to the First year or First semester Yoga & Naturopathy, B Pharm & Pharm-D.
KEA CET 2020
1. As per Rule 3, Rule 6(3) & Rule 7 of Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules 2006 (Amendments) and pursuant to the directions of the Government, Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is inviting applications from the eligible Karnataka Candidates including the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants for conduct of "Common Entrance Test-2020" as per the following time table for the purpose of determining the eligibility / merit, for admission to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Engineering, Technology, Naturopathy & Yoga, B.Pharma, 2nd year B.Pharma, Pharma-D, Agriculture courses (Farm Science) and Veterinary courses, in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2020-21 as per the seat matrix to be notified by Government.
2. In order to obtain admission to above professional courses through KEA, a candidate must apply and appear for the Common Entrance Test-2020 conducted by KEA, Bangalore.
3. The candidates who wish to seek admission to Medical or Dental or Ayurveda or Unani or Homoeopathy courses must compulsorily qualify in the UGNEET - 2020 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam conducted by the National Testing Agency; and
For admission to Architecture course candidate should compulsorily qualify in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper-2 examination.
4. Eligibility: As per Rule 5(1) of Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules 2006 (Amendments), No candidate shall be eligible for admission to Government Seats unless he is a citizen of India and satisfies any one of the eligibility conditions hosted on the KEA Website. The candidates who do not satisfy any of the Clauses / Eligibility Criteria are not eligible for admission to professional courses under Government quota seats through KEA.
5. Information with regard to Mode of submission of application through online, eligibility conditions and UGCET 2020-Information Bulletin is hosted on the KEA Website, candidates can download the same.
Filling of Application Online for CET-2020
From 11:00 am on 05.02.2020 to 02.03.2020 up to 5:30 pm
Last date to pay the application fees - online
06.03.2020 (now extended)
Provision for corrections, if any (The candidates can change / modify the information furnished in the online application as per their eligibility) only for fee paid candidates
From 11:00 am on 19.03.2020 to 25.03.2020 up to 5:30 pm
Date of downloading of Admission Tickets by all the eligible candidates
From 11:00 a.m. on 10.04.2020
Common Entrance Test - 2020 Time Table
10:30 am - 11:50 am
02:30 pm - 03:50 pm
10:30 am - 11:50 am
02:30 pm - 03:50 pm
11:30 am to
Kannada Language Test FOR HORANADU AND GADINADU KANNADIGA CANDIDATES (4th Standard level) only in Bangalore
Verification of documents and Practical examination for AGRICULTURIST QUOTA
11.05.2020 to 14.05.2020
(Except General Holidays) 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Verification of Documents at the respective Practical Test Centres
16.05.2020 - Saturday 9:00 am onwards
NOTE: A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through KEA (CET Cell) in any of the previous years and not surrendered the seat before the last date fixed for entry of options for final round of seat allotment for the respective disciplines will not be eligible for allotment of a seat to the same discipline during 2020. However, he / she is eligible to appear for CET-2020 for allotment of seat in any other discipline as per rule 15 (5) of Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules, 2006.
For more details candidates are requested to visit KEA Website : http://kea.kar.nic.in.