CET 2020 postponed: KEA issues notice
Bengaluru: Through a recent notice, the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has informed about the postponement of CET 2020 (Common Entrance Test) due to the ongoing coronavirus epidemic.
In its notice, the authority has clearly stated,
In order to take precautionary steps to avoid spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) pandemic in the state, Common Entrance Test-2020 scheduled to be held on 22-04-2020 and 23-04-2020. and Kannada Language Test on 24-04-2020, has been postponed.
In due course, revised Time Table for CET-2020 will be published in the KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in and also newspapers, it added.
1. As per Rule 3, Rule 6(3) & Rule 7 of Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules 2006 (Amendments) and pursuant to the directions of the Government, Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) is inviting applications from the eligible Karnataka Candidates including the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants for conduct of "Common Entrance Test-2020" as per the following time table for the purpose of determining the eligibility / merit, for admission to the First year or First semester of full time courses for Government share of seats in Engineering, Technology, Naturopathy & Yoga, B.Pharma, 2nd year B.Pharma, Pharma-D, Agriculture courses (Farm Science) and Veterinary courses, in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2020-21 as per the seat matrix to be notified by Government.
2. In order to obtain admission to above professional courses through KEA, a candidate must apply and appear for the Common Entrance Test-2020 conducted by KEA, Bangalore.
3. The candidates who wish to seek admission to Medical or Dental or Ayurveda or Unani or Homoeopathy courses must compulsorily qualify in the UGNEET - 2020 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam conducted by the National Testing Agency; and
For admission to Architecture course candidate should compulsorily qualify in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper-2 examination.
4. Eligibility: As per Rule 5(1) of Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules 2006 (Amendments), No candidate shall be eligible for admission to Government Seats unless he is a citizen of India and satisfies any one of the eligibility conditions hosted on the KEA Website. The candidates who do not satisfy any of the Clauses / Eligibility Criteria are not eligible for admission to professional courses under Government quota seats through KEA.
5. Information with regard to Mode of submission of application through online, eligibility conditions and UGCET 2020-Information Bulletin is hosted on the KEA Website, candidates can download the same.
NOTE: A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through KEA (CET Cell) in any of the previous years and not surrendered the seat before the last date fixed for entry of options for final round of seat allotment for the respective disciplines will not be eligible for allotment of a seat to the same discipline during 2020. However, he / she is eligible to appear for CET-2020 for allotment of seat in any other discipline as per rule 15 (5) of Karnataka Selection of Candidates for Admission to Government seats in Professional Educational Institutions Rules, 2006.
For more details candidates are requested to visit KEA Website: http://kea.kar.nic.in./