There are media reports confirming that NEET-2 exam paper had errors. There were errors in about 3 questions. More specifically, the mistake was in question 67 of set APW. Its corresponding questions in different sets also had errors. The students were confused as they had two correct answers to chose from four options to the question. More errors have been reported in question 158 in Set A and Physics 24 in set A, respectively.
This come after the answers are noted as incorrect by different coaching centres, who have recently published the answer keys.
If this comes out to be the case, it is likely that with the error, examinees may get 8 bonus marks. However, CBSE has to confirm this.
The final decision on the matter will be under the purview of CBSE, which is expected to publish the answer key on its website on August 7 for both the phases.
A report in Indian Today points out to the matter as
Details of the issue:
- Errors in about 3 questions have been noted
- There was mistake in question 67 of set APW and its corresponding questions in the other sets
- Sources said that students were given two correct answers to choose from four options
- Also, errors have been noted in question 158 in Set A and Physics 24 in set A, where the answers were incorrect according to various coaching centres
- Now, there is a possibility that candidates might get 8 bonus marks
- But, the final decision will be made by the CBSE.
It is also likely that the normalization of the scores of both phases of NEET are to be used for preparation of the final rank list for medical course admissions. Best of the two scores are likely to be applied for normalization procedure.
CBSE is expected to prepare the merit list or wait list after receiving the directives of SC, DGHS, MCI and DCI. The Result sheet will not display any category wise results.Also, the combined results of NEET-I and NEET-II will be declared by August 17.
The result sheet can be downloaded from the CBSE website. Aspirants are suggested to view their results on different websites including, CBSE, MOHFW, Medical Counseling Committee and Participating States/Universities/ Institutions, for counseling as well.