Dr RML Institute of Medical Sciences granted permission for super specialty courses
New Delhi: Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow has been granted permission by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to start M.Ch(Urology ) and M.Ch (Surgical Gastroenterology) Courses with 2 seats each respectively for the academic year 2017-18 in the college. The permission comes on the basis of MCI and Supreme Court mandated Oversight Committee’s joint recommendation.
The ministry has specified that the granting of permission is subject to the applicant submitting to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare within 15 days of issue of notification of approval by MHFW10 A (4) of IMC Act, 1956, the following:
1. An undertaking affirming fulfillment of all deficiencies and statement made in the compliance report submitted to MCl/MHFW which are signed by Chief Secretary/ Health Secretary of the State
a) MHFW may thereafter at any time in 2017-18, direct inspection to verify the compliance submitted by the college, and
b) In default of the conditions (a) and (b) in pars above, and if the compliances are found incomplete in the inspection to be conducted at instances of MHFW, the college will be debarred from fresh intake of students for 2 years commencing 2018-19.
2. Further, Medical colleges/institutions governed by the State Govt./Autonomous Institutions are required to furnish an undertaking to provide funds in their plan budget till the facilities are fully provided as per time bound program indicated by them.
3. The permission for starting the above course and admission of students will be till such time the Ist batch of students admitted against the above course appears for the Ist final Examination in the subject . The college authorities may take up the matter for recognition of the qualification U/S 11(2) of IMC Act 1956 at the time the Ist batch admitted against the course, appears for final examinations.
4. Admissions made in violation of the above conditions will be treated as irregular & action under IMC Act 1956 & Regulations made there under will be intimated.
5. Discrepancies, if any may be brought to the notice of MCI and Central/State government.
Read the full notification of Health Ministry in the attached pdf file below;