In reference to the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-Post Graduate (NEET-PG) 2017 (scheduled to be held from 5 th to 13th December 2016) many candidates sought clarifications regarding their Domicile Status and inclusion in the Merit List of a particular State.
NBE responding to the same, as issued clarifications on the domicile issue.
The Domicile issues clarification are as follows:
- All India NEET-PG Merit List: – All the applicants for NEET-PG shall be given a percentile based merit rank position subject to their qualifying the NEET-PG as per the criteria indicated in the Information Bulletin. This is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-PG.
- All India 50% Quota Rank – This is the overall merit position of a candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET-PG for All India 50% quota and is valid only for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma Courses for 2017 admission session.
This is irrespective of the Domicile Status of the candidates except for AP/Telangana/Jammu & Kashmir candidates clarified as under:
|S.No.||Domicile State||MBBS State||Eligibility for All India 50% quota seats|
|1||States other than AP /Telangana/ JK||AP /Telangana/ JK||Eligible provided they submit the Affidavit as per Annexure II of NEET- PG Information Bulletin|
|2||AP /Telangana/ JK||AP /Telangana/ JK||Not eligible|
|3||AP /Telangana/ JK||States outside AP /Telangana/ JK & Foreign Institutions||Eligible|
- State Merit List:
- The State wise result for a particular state shall include all appeared candidates in NEET-PG 2017 irrespective of their percentile / score, who have done their MBBS from that State as well as those candidates who have selected that State as their domicile state during online registration. Final merit, eligibility, state category, state category rank, benefit for In-service candidates, rural service (if applicable) etc. shall be determined / generated by the State itself as per its applicable regulations, criteria, guidelines and reservation policies.
- Candidates desirous of having a merit position under this category are required to opt for the particular state /union territory as their domicile in which they would like to be considered.
- However, Candidate should verify from their respective State Governments if at all they will be considered for admission to State Quota Seats based on applicable rule position, domicile criteria, State / Institute of Graduation, reservation status etc. Merely appearing / qualifying in NEET-PG 2017 does not make a candidate qualified and/or eligible for State Quota Seats.