DMER releases 2nd selection list for Master of Public Health Nutrition, MPH N 2019 in Maharashtra
Mumbai: The Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) has released the Second Selection List for Master of Public Health Nutrition, MPH N 2019 in Maharashtra
To view the MPH Second selection list, CLICK HERE
Master of Public Health (Nutrition) is an intensive two-year course designed to create cadre of public health nutrition specialists to tackle malnutrition. This course provide an excellent knowledge and skills in Public Health Nutrition. National Nutrition Mission which got established in 2017 targets at reduction in the level of under-nutrition and other related problems like stunting, undernutrition, anemia and low birth weight babies. It is essential and need of the hour to strengthen knowledge and skills contributing to the development of a cadre of public health nutrition professionals in respect to life cycle approach.
The program is divided into classroom-based course work and field-based practical experience in Public Health Nutrition. The project assignment is to be undertaken as a core part of the course curriculum. The course provides systematic coverage of major topics in the area of Public Health Nutrition based on international standards. The course is designed based on latest international evidence and standards in Public Health Nutrition.The course curriculum is designed with technical support from UNICEF, and experts in Public Health Nutrition belonging to academia and medical education.
Below mentioned are the important dates, rules of eligibility, list of colleges and other details as mentioned in the information brochure. The desirous candidates are requested to read the details carefully and ascertain eligibility before filling the online application form. The Schedule for admission process is as under.
|Last date for joining of 2nd selection round||11/11/2019|
|Provisional Schedule for Institutional Level Round|
|1||Publication of vacancy position on DMER website||13/11/2019|
|2||The eligible desirous candidate to apply in person to respective college on plain paper||14/11/2019 to 18/11/2019upto 5.00pm|
|3||Publication of Merit List, Selection List and wait Listat notice board and the web site of respective colleges||19/11/201911.00 am|
|4||Joining of selected candidates as per selection listdated 19/11/2019 with Original Documents and requisite fees.||20/11/2019 to 25/11/2019upto 5.00pm|
|Publication of residual vacant seats on college notice board & website||26/11/2019|
|6||Filling of Residual Vacancy from wait listed candidates as per Merit List published on 19/11/2019||27/11/2019 to 30/11/2019upto 6.00pm|
|7||Cut off date for MPH (N) for academic session||30/11/2019|
|8||Academic session will start on||01/12/2019|
The selected candidate should report to the allotted college and take admission by paying requisite fee and depositing original documents as per above schedule.
What is the Procedure of Institutional Round?
The institutional Level round for Government Medical Colleges is scheduled from 14/11/2019 to 30/11/2019.
- Institutional Round will run by Government Medical Colleges and for seats remaining vacant after second round.
- For Institutional round eligible and interested candidates should approach to the Dean of the respective college within prescribed time and submit application in person.
- At the time of admission during Institutional Round, the College Authority will form the Committee for document verification which will verify the eligibility of each candidate as per MPH(N) 2019 information Brochure. The selected candidate should submit all his Original Documents along with requisite fees in the form of DD/Cheque during prescribed time limit.
- It is The sole responsibility of the candidate to submit all his original documents and requisite fees at the time of admission.
Procedure for Selection and Admission to MPH (N) 2019-20 at Maharashtra State Government Medical Colleges
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
Following health science graduates are eligible:
1. MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BUMS/BHMS/BPTH /B.Sc PMT,B.Sc &P.B .B.Sc Nursing
2. Medical officers in service can send advance copy and will be considered if granted permission through proper channel.
3. In-service candidate from the same institute (College) can apply after obtaining NOC from concerned Head of Department and Dean. In-service candidate from the Government Medical College can apply in the same Government Medical college/institute.
4. The Candidates must have completed requisite internship in respective degree course at the time of filling of application form.
5. Candidate must have passed graduation from the institute situated in State of Maharashtra.
6. The candidates who are domiciled in Maharashtra and who have obtained admission under 15% quota for appropriate all India entrance examination for courses in health sciences in the college/institution situated outside Maharashtra State and who have obtained the degree from a University situated outside the State of Maharashtra will also be eligible for admission to MPH(N) course. Such candidates should submit certificate from the Dean/Principal of respective college stating that the candidate was admitted under 15% quota for all India entrance test for courses in health sciences, and Candidate’s Domicile certificate of Maharashtra by virtue of residence.
7. The candidate belonging to Backward Class must have claimed so in his original application form, failing which such a claim will not be entertained subsequently. The candidate belonging to Backward Class Category should produce the original Caste Certificate, Caste Validity Certificate and NonCreamy Layer Certificate (wherever applicable) at the time of counselling process. A Candidate belonging to ‘Creamy Layer’ amongst the categories (VJ) DT -A, (NT-1) NT-B, (NT-2) NT-C, (NT-3) NT-D, OBC, SBC and SEBC must note that the provision of reservation is NOT applicable to him/her. A candidate claiming benefit of reservation under these categories will be required to produce Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Valid up to 31/03/2020. The valid certificate in prescribed Performa stating date of validity, should be submitted at the time of admission. Category reservations based on caste can be availed by candidates domiciled in Maharashtra only. 10% of available seats in each college is reserved for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) candidates.
What is the Selection Procedure?
Applications for admission to this program will be invited through notice on DMER website and through newspapers. Online application form can be submitted by interested candidates.
1. Cost of online application form of MPH(N) 2019 is Rs. 1500/-. Bank transaction charges of Rupees 60 for online payment of application fees will have to be borne by the applicant. This application fee (Rs. 1560/-) is not refundable. It is sole responsibility of candidate to ascertain payment of fees with in prescribed period, failing which online application will be rejected.
2. After submitting online application form, challan of SBI bank will be generated and challan should be submitted at any branch of SBI bank.
Eligible candidates will be selected based on aggregate marks obtained in all the qualifying examinations of graduation. Preference will be given to MBBS followed by BDS/BAMS/ /BUMS/ BHMS/BPTH/B.Sc PMT, B.Sc & P.B.B.Sc Nursing.
The Tie Breaker Criteria will be used if in case two candidates secure same aggregate marks
1. The candidate with higher aggregate marks at final qualifying Examination will be preferred over the one with lesser marks.
2. If the tie still remains unresolved then the candidate with higher aggregate marks at pen ultimate qualifying examination (one step below final examination) will be preferred over the one with lesser marks for the merit list.
3. If the tie still persists, an older candidate will be preferred over the younger one.
A. Duration of the course : Two years (Full time) .
B. Language of Course : English
C. Total number of Seats: varies with colleges (List enclosed)
LIST OF COLLEGES WITH MPH (N) COURSE IN MAHARASHTRA
|Sr No||College Code||Name of college||Number of seatsavailable|
|1||1101||Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai||20|
|2||1110||B J Government Medical College, Pune.||20|
|3||1221||Government Medical College, Nagpur||20|
|4||1234||Government Medical College, Akola.||20|
|5||1226||Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College, Yavatmal.||20|
|6||1241||Government Medical College, Chandrapur.||10|
|7||1242||Government Medical College, Gondia.||10|
|8||1327||Government Medical College, Aurangabad.||20|
|9||1328||Dr Shankarrao Chavan Government Medical College, Nanded.||20|
2 seats in each college are reserved for in-service candidates under DMER/DHS together. If in-service candidate are not available and seats remain vacant, than these seats will be filed as per merit in subsequent round.
Note : 1. The number of seats and number of colleges are subject to change as per direction of State Government / MUHS, Nashik / Hon’ble High Courts.
- Academic session will start from 1st December 2019.
- Cut of date of admission to MPH(N) is 30/11/2019.
What is the Fee structure?
1. The fee of Rs. 40,000/- for the course should be paid at the respective college by Demand Draft from any Nationalised / Scheduled commercial Bank in favour of Dean of College, as applicable
2. Eligibility & Examination fees would be charged extra as per MUHS Norms.
|Sr. No.||Particulars of Fees||For 1st. Year||For 2nd Year|
- Students will have to pay examination fees, one time eligibility fees and any other fees as and when made applicable.
- Student will have to pay total amount of fee (as mentioned above) for respective academic years before commencement of the respective academic year.
*Students will have to pay examination fees and any other fees applicable as per the latest changes made by MUHS.