Maharashtra: Through a recent notice Directorate of Medical Education and Research Maharashtra informed about the admissions open to Degree Courses in BSc Optometry for Academic Year 2018-19. The notice with the full details of the original website of DMER Maharashtra is given:
The Institutional level admission process for BSc Optometry is schedule for following Private Unaided B. Sc. Optometry colleges.’
|College Code||Name Of College||Intake Capacity|
|0001||PBMA’s H.V. Desai Eye Hospital, Sr. No. 93, Tarwade Vasti. Mohammadwadi, Hadapsar, Pune 411028.||20|
The schedule for admission to B.Sc.Optometry is as under –
|1||Submission of the application at respective
college on plain paper with a photocopy of
|24/12/2018 to 26/12/2018 by
|2||Publication of Merit list/ Selection list/ Waitlist
on the Notice Board of the respective college.
|26/12/2018 by 5.00 p.m|
|3||Selected Candidate to report with all original
documents and require the fee.
|From 26/12/2018 to
28/12/2018 by 5.00 p.m
|4||Display of vacancy on Notice Board (if any)||28/12/2018 by 6.30 p.m|
|5||Waitlisted candidate from the Merit List to
report to respective college against vacancy
|From 29/12/2018, 11.00 a.m.
to 30/12/2018, 5.00 p.m
Note: The candidate should read rules of eligibility and other details before submitting the application form.
(A) Eligibility Criteria for B. Sc. Optometry for Academic Year 2018-19:-
1. The Candidate has passed Higher Secondary (10+2) with 50% marks with Physic, Chemistry and Biology group for open category and 40o/o marks for reserve category. The candidates must have passed English at HSC (10+2 Course). If the sufficient number of eligible candidate are not available then eligibility of HSC (PCB) criteria may be relaxed subject to approval MUHS Nashik.
2. The candidate has attained the age 17 Years as on 31 December of the year of the admission.
3. The candidate has to furnish a certificate of Physical Fitness form registered Medical Practitioner at the time of admission.
4′ The preference will be given to candidates who have passed 10th & 12th from Maharashtra and also domicile of Maharashtra. if such a candidate is not available the non-domicile of Maharashtra candidates will be admitted as mentioned in the selection process.
5′ 15% of seat Intake capacity will be filled by the institution as institutional quota seats.
6′ 25% of seats of Intake capacity will be reserved for constitutional reserve candidates.
7. The Hostel accommodation will not be provided to admitted students.
8. Rules of Tiebreaker HSC (10+2 course) candidates – the candidate with Higher PCB marks will be preferred.
a. The candidate with higher marks in Biology at HSC will be preferred.
b. If Tie persists then the candidate with higher marks in Chemistry at HSC will be preferred.
c. If Tie persists the older candidate will be preferred.
(B) Fee Structure:-
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Rs. 80,000/||Rs. 80,000/||Rs. 80,000/||(Internship)
No Tuition Fees
(C) Duration of the Courses:-
The B. Sc. Optometry Degree program is of 4 years duration (3+l) including I years compulsory internship.
(D) The medium of Instruction:-
English shall be medium of the instruction for all the subjects of study and for examinations of the course.
(E) Selection Process:-
The selection will be done in order of following Types of the students in descending order from a to d.
a. The candidate who have passed 10th and 12th from Maharashtra as well as Domicile Maharashtra.
b. The candidate who have passed 10th and 12th from outside Maharashtra but Domicile of Maharashtra.
c. The candidate who have passed lOth and 12th from Maharashtra but NoT Domicile of Maharashtra.
d. The candidate who have passed 10th and l2th from outside Maharashtra but NOT Domicile of Maharashtra.
For more details click on the link mention below: