Maharashtra: Through a recent notice Directorate of Medical Education and Research Maharashtra informed about admissions to Degree Courses in BSc Optometry for Academic Year 2018-19. The admission schedule with the full details of the original website of DMER Maharashtra is given below:
The Institutional level admission process for B.Sc.Optometry is schedule for following Private Unaided BSc Optometry colleges.
|Name Of College||Intake
|0004||Laxmi Charitable Trust, Laxmi college of Optometry, Balgram Maharashtra Sankul, Opp. CKT college, Sec-12, Khanda Colony, Panvel – 410 206.||20|
|0005||Lotus Hospitals Trust’s Lotus College of Optometry, 13th
North-South Road, Near Juhu Bus Terminus, VithalnagarSociety, Juhu, Mumbai – 400 049.
The schedule for admission to B.Sc.Optometry is as under –
|1.||Submission of the application at respective college on plain paper with a photocopy of requisite documents.
|15/12/2018 to 20/12/2018 by 5.00 p.m.|
|2.||Publication of Merit list/ Selection list/ Waitlist on the Notice Board of the respective college.||21/12/2018 by 5.00 p.m.|
|3.||Selected Candidate to report with all original documents and require the fee.||From 22/12/2018 to
26/12/2018 by 5.00 p.m.
|4.||Display of vacancy on Notice Board (if any)||26/12/2018 by 6.30 p.m.|
|5.||Waitlisted candidate from the Merit List to report to respective college against vacancy (if any)||From 27/12/2018, 11.00 a.m.
to 29/12/2018, 5.00 p.m.
Note: The candidate should read rules of eligibility and other details before submitting the application form.
(A) Eligibility Criteria for B. Sc. Optometry for Academic Year 2018-19:-
- The Candidate has passed Higher Secondary (10+2) with 50% marks with Physic, Chemistry and Biology group for open category and 40% marks for reserve category. The candidates must have passed English at HSC (10+2 Course). If the sufficient number of eligible candidate are not available then eligibility of HSC (PCB) criteria may be relaxed subject to approval MUHS Nashik.
- The candidate has attained the age 17 Years as on 31 December of the year of the admission.
- The candidate has to furnish a certificate of Physical Fitness form registered Medical Practitioner at the time of admission.
- The preference will be given to candidates who have passed 10th & 12th from Maharashtra and also domicile of Maharashtra. If such a candidate is not available the non-domicile of Maharashtra candidates will be admitted as mentioned in the selection process.
- 15% of seat Intake capacity will be filled by the institution as institutional quota seats.
- 25% of seats of Intake capacity will be reserved for constitutional reserve
- The Hostel accommodation will not be provided to admitted students.
- Rules of Tiebreaker HSC (10+2 Course) candidates –
Candidate with Higher PCB marks will be preferred.
- The candidate with higher marks in Biology at HSC will be
- If Tie persists then-candidate with higher marks in Chemistry at HSC will be preferred.
- If Tie persists the older candidate will be preferred.
(B) Fee Structure:-
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Rs. 80,000/-||Rs. 80,000/-||Rs. 80,000/-||(Internship) No Tuition fees|
(C)Duration of the Courses:-
- The B. Sc. Optometry Degree program is of 4 years duration (3+1) including 1 year compulsory internship.
(D)Medium of Instruction:–
English shall be medium of the instruction for all the subjects of study and for examinations of the course.
(E) Selection Process:–
The selection will be done in order of following Types of the students in descending order from a to d.
- The candidate who have passed 10th and 12th form Maharashtra as well as Domicile Maharashtra.
- The candidate who have passed 10th and 12th form outside Maharashtra but Domicile of Maharashtra.
- The candidate who have passed 10th and 12th form Maharashtra but NOT Domicile of Maharashtra.
- The candidate who have passed 10th and 12th form outside Maharashtra but NOT Domicile of Maharashtra.
|Provisional Seats Distribution for Admission to Degree Course in B. Sc. Optometry
for the academic year 2018-19
|Code||Name of College||Total
|For HSC Passed Candidates|
|004||Laxmi College of Optometry, Panvel||20||3||16||1||1||0||0||0||1||2||5||12|
|005||Lotus College of Optometry, Mumbai||20||3||16||1||1||1||0||0||0||2||5||12|
For more details click on the original website of DMER Maharashtra mention below.